Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: traulsen

traulsen

Hey guys doing a compressor change on an older r-12 traulsen 2 door reach in.. got the new copeland and also ordered a crankcase heater.. there seems to be no way to mount the heater?? am I missing something or did I forget to order something..

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    It's a belly band heater right? Like a big hose clamp?

ive never seen crankcase heaters on fractional hp compressors

Lightbulb

You don't need it on that install...

Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

couple guys at work swore up and down to use one.. good to find out now

Is it a cooler or freezer ?

you need one if the condenser is remoted out doors
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

freezer,no remote condenser.. I haven't done a lot of refrigeration, but the guys at work claim to.. and they said definately add the cch..

Are you sure they didn't mean crank case regulating valve or oriface CRV CRO

Seen plenty of freezers that needed them
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by JF254 View Post
    freezer,no remote condenser.. I haven't done a lot of refrigeration, but the guys at work claim to.. and they said definately add the cch..
    Unless this freezer sits in a low ambient area, there really is no need for a crank case heater.

Did you ask those couple guys at work why they thought a heater was needed? If you haven't - I'd ask 'em if I were you.

Remember, there are no dumb questions.......only dumb answers. If you don't ask why - you'll never know.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

nope have a ccrv already... they were worrying about liquid migrating in the off cycle.. gonna start the big one.. but what does everyone like better for r12 conversions hot shot or mp66.. from what I have read and heard the mp66 is better ??

and no the lowest ambient it will ever see is probably when they jack the t-stats down at night to 55....

Quote Originally Posted by JF254 View Post
    nope have a ccrv already... they were worrying about liquid migrating in the off cycle.. gonna start the big one.. but what does everyone like better for r12 conversions hot shot or mp66.. from what I have read and heard the mp66 is better ??
    Why would the refrigerant migrate to the compressor in the off cycle? Unless compressor location is below box temp? Correct?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast