Hmm

I have checked all filters and replaced them (very dirty) and also cleaned condensing unit. This morning the line outside was frosted so I turned my unit off. I waited about 2 hours and turned it back on everything working fine but I do hear "water noises" inside the furnace closet when I opened it. Pipe has little water drips on it and I feel very cold air around return air area. Any ideas? Do I really need to call someone? I would really like to do this myself. I am wondering if maybe the blower fan needs to be cleaned? Any help would be great!

doityourselfmom? A'h I won't go there. But that is how most marriages end up in divorce with the doityourselfmom or is that a doitherselfmom?

Anyway you need to call a tech out could be many,many things
    for starters could be freezing up due to low on charge but also could be many more issues.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

shut the cooling off and run just fan for 4-6 hours. if noise returns after that call for service. KEEP FILTER CLEAN!!!!!

Originally posted by t527ed
    shut the cooling off and run just fan for 4-6 hours. if noise returns after that call for service.
    The reason for the above statement is... and I would tell anyone this is....

Your evap coil (inside where you hear water) may be frozen with ice. It takes a long time to melt that much ice thus, run your fan only for a long time or until the water stops.

Your system may have frozen up due to multiple reasons but it if were just a dirty filter... this will save you a call. If not and it freezes up again...

Make a call to your friendly AC shop.

Dear Mom,
    You really should read the instructions better before you post here.

Residential HVAC
    Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY questions, please read Site Rules

I realise you're not alone. Many people want to "Do it Themselves" but alot of times you do more harm than good to a system, and risk being hurt from high voltage/moving parts. If A/C was so simple anyone could do it, HomeDepot would be offering complete A/C teardown and repair on Saturday morning from 9 to 12. Make the phonecall....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smokin68
    [B]Dear Mom,
    You really should read the instructions better before you post here.

Residential HVAC
    Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY questions, please read Site Rules

DAMN! she was not asking how to rewire it or something. now we don't even want diyers to shut the friggn thing off when it ices up. guess you would rather have her just leave it running till the expert tech gets there to flip the switch off.

OK...OK...

I think I know the site rules here...

As I stated, I would tell this to anyone so let's chill with the DIY stuff. I don't think her finger is going to slip off of the thermostat and poke her eye out.

Thanks

[ Any ideas? Do I really need to call someone? I would really like to do this myself. I am wondering if maybe the blower fan needs to be cleaned? Any help would be great! [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess I mis-understood that she was looking to work on this herself. I also only posted the DIY thing because I looked at her screen-name. I don't think I ever stated running the fan was bad.I think you guys need to chill out a little.....rough day at work? I was just warning her about the direct DIY rule.....and I would think as an associate you would know the rules Lusker, and easy there t527ed.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

>>>> Big Sigh <<<<

I am so happy to volunteer my services.

Please excuse me while I go chill...

The next noise you will hear will be Elvis leaving the building.

Originally posted by lusker
    Best advise so for you get two gold stars.
    And she will get one pink one if she takes your advise.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by lusker
    Originally posted by t527ed
    shut the cooling off and run just fan for 4-6 hours. if noise returns after that call for service.
    The reason for the above statement is... and I would tell anyone this is....

Your evap coil (inside where you hear water) may be frozen with ice. It takes a long time to melt that much ice thus, run your fan only for a long time or until the water stops.

Your system may have frozen up due to multiple reasons but it if were just a dirty filter... this will save you a call. If not and it freezes up again...

this is the best thing you can do at the moment. leave the blower run. chances are if the filter was that dirty the system will work fine again. if it does ice up again do the same thing over and call a pro because you have a problem then