It's been a while since I've done an install.
This Saturday I installed a system for someone at work.
They'd always had air flow problems and of course complained about the noisy GOODMAN sitting outside their bedroom wall.
Obviously the Air handler has leaked condensate for some time.
Check out the p-trap. It's at a downward angle, rendering the trap useless.
To the upper right of the photo is a flex duct that is pulled through the upper trusses then down and twisted into the side of the supply plenum. Making a S shaped KINK in the flex!
The kinked flex duct and sags everywhere like this don't help.
I installed a new Am Standard. 13 SEER HP with an upgraded 4TEE Variable Speed Blower along with fixing the sags and kinks in the flex duct that Chainsaw Charlie installed like Spagetti in the attic!
One thing I did that most Arizona installers/companies don't do is spend the extra bit of time and effort to move the line set to the other side of the condenser so the access panel isn't up against the wall.
Those companies I used to work for would install this unit like the old one was to be in and out faster. But that puts the access to the filter, OD TXV and RV to the wall in a situation like this!
Take note that my condensate has a CLEAN OUT tee before the trap. :-)
The one long run used to make a S shaped kink through the upper truss and down into the front side of the plenum. Dumb.
I rerouted the flex duct to the new supply plenum with the kinks removed and both long runs come out of the end. Bathroom comes out the top, other close run out the back. Removed sags in the attic by adding strap.
Air flow is much better.
It's been over 10 years since I've done an install. This took me all day. But I sure as heck wasn't going to install a new system back the way the other one was. No way. leave that for the typical Arizona HVAC contractors!