Recently hired a professional contractor to repair my lennox AC unit. It ended up being a bad capacitor (he did not say which one), which he immediately replaced and had the unit running in no time (which was good).

Question: He charged me XXX for the actual part. Is this is the ballpark? Seems kinda high, but I really have no idea.

At this point, I am fine with the cost, but was wondering whether I should call them in the future should I have additional problems. Thanks

[Edited by baezj on 08-24-2005 at 09:12 PM]

Ther are no pricing question allowed, that said there is a cost to run any buisness and he fixed it right the first time and you were/are happy. I would say pricing fine.

Originally posted by slice
    Ther are no pricing question allowed, that said there is a cost to run any buisness and he fixed it right the first time and you were/are happy. I would say pricing fine.
    Sorry, I took the price out. Thanks for your response!!

All contractors are different,some charge more,but if they are punctual,profesional,and you are happy with the job it will be fine.Next time you may call someone who charges less,but shows up late,or not at all then does poor work.I dom't think a capacitor change would be my deciding factor for a contractor I would call them back unless they did something wrong.The next guy could be more expensive you never know til you call.It is very important to have a contractor you can trust and won't make unnecesary repairs.

Originally posted by azel6
    All contractors are different,some charge more,but if they are punctual,profesional,and you are happy with the job it will be fine.Next time you may call someone who charges less,but shows up late,or not at all then does poor work.I dom't think a capacitor change would be my deciding factor for a contractor I would call them back unless they did something wrong.The next guy could be more expensive you never know til you call.It is very important to have a contractor you can trust and won't make unnecesary repairs.
    You have a very good point here, and I appreciate your point of view. Thanks.

the proplem with people nowing the real price of a part vrs installed and haveing in stock. and being able to fix on the spot, has alot of over head in between. the costmers forgets we are running a bussness not a charitey. lost track of how maney time people said " i could have fixed that myself " and the ***** about the service fees. if you could have fixed it yourself then why am i heare