Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 49

Thread: Election '12

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,647
    Another thing that amazes me is how is it possible that Mitt Romney continues to be the GOPs darling? This conservative just doesn't get it....
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    Another thing that amazes me is how is it possible that Mitt Romney continues to be the GOPs darling? This conservative just doesn't get it....
    He is still on top, as of May 26, 2011, according to Gallup.
    Cain is in the top five, but still relatively unknown.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    Why the media ignores Herman Cain:

    http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/why...r-fred-karger/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    He is still on top, as of May 26, 2011, according to Gallup.
    Cain is in the top five, but still relatively unknown.
    Answer is really simple: The REALLY BIG $$$ behind the scenes does not want Cain in... they want a middle of the road guy they can control.

    When the American public wakes up and realizes the politics of this country are manipulated by other interests... they will have taken the first step to gaining their freedom back.

    Who are these interests... Do some googling and follow the money trail... you will find the answer. (hint: Think the ones that loan the $$$, not the ones that build/sell things).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    Huckabee on the primaries:

    During his speech to an audience of about 300 people, Huckabee said several factors prompted him to bow out of next year’s GOP primary, not the least of which he said was the difficulty he sees in defeating Democratic President Barack Obama, who will have a billion-dollar campaign chest and no Democratic primary opponent.

    “It’s not going to be an easy path for whoever the Republican is,” he said. “Whoever it is is going to come out of a bloody primary broke and battered. Because I anticipate the Republicans will do what they typically do: They’ll have a demolition derby, a circular firing squad, and load up with bullets and start shooting.”

    Huckabee said he believes a Republican could win, but that would depend in part on “whether the Republicans are smart enough to challenge President Obama and not so stupid as to destroy each other. Because if they destroy each other, congratulations, you’ve just given President Obama four more years.”

    Huckabee said the prevailing political environment, which he described as “toxic,” also influenced his decision not to run.

    “One of the processes that I was going through in deciding whether or not to run for president this election cycle was whether or not the environment in the Republican Party was really about moving toward where we had pragmatic solutions to governing the country or whether it was all about, ‘Can we poke out the eyes of the other guy before they poke out our eyes?’” he said. “And I’ll be honest with you: Right now I’m convinced that it’s all about poking out each other’s eyes.”

    http://arkansasnews.com/2011/06/01/h...sidential-bid/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Huckabee on the primaries:

    During his speech to an audience of about 300 people, Huckabee said several factors prompted him to bow out of next year’s GOP primary, not the least of which he said was the difficulty he sees in defeating Democratic President Barack Obama, who will have a billion-dollar campaign chest and no Democratic primary opponent.

    “It’s not going to be an easy path for whoever the Republican is,” he said. “Whoever it is is going to come out of a bloody primary broke and battered. Because I anticipate the Republicans will do what they typically do: They’ll have a demolition derby, a circular firing squad, and load up with bullets and start shooting.”

    Huckabee said he believes a Republican could win, but that would depend in part on “whether the Republicans are smart enough to challenge President Obama and not so stupid as to destroy each other. Because if they destroy each other, congratulations, you’ve just given President Obama four more years.”

    Huckabee said the prevailing political environment, which he described as “toxic,” also influenced his decision not to run.

    “One of the processes that I was going through in deciding whether or not to run for president this election cycle was whether or not the environment in the Republican Party was really about moving toward where we had pragmatic solutions to governing the country or whether it was all about, ‘Can we poke out the eyes of the other guy before they poke out our eyes?’” he said. “And I’ll be honest with you: Right now I’m convinced that it’s all about poking out each other’s eyes.”

    http://arkansasnews.com/2011/06/01/h...sidential-bid/
    It is sad, but what is hi-lited above... is probably what will happen. Ego's are not always the best tool for a better outcome.

    I really HOPE we do not have another 4 years of the current idiot in the pale house.... however it kinda looks like we might.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    It is sad, but what is hi-lited above... is probably what will happen. Ego's are not always the best tool for a better outcome.

    I really HOPE we do not have another 4 years of the current idiot in the pale house.... however it kinda looks like we might.
    I suspect Huckabee was more worried about getting his own eyes poked out than anyone else's.

    I think there are a lot of people who continue to be buoyed by the results of the 2010 elections, and who are poised and ready to make it happen again.

    I don't share Huckabee's anticipation of a bloody primary. There might be a circular firing squad, but they'll use rubber bullets.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    I suspect Huckabee was more worried about getting his own eyes poked out than anyone else's.

    I think there are a lot of people who continue to be buoyed by the results of the 2010 elections, and who are poised and ready to make it happen again.

    I don't share Huckabee's anticipation of a bloody primary. There might be a circular firing squad, but they'll use rubber bullets.
    For the sake of the country and economy... I hope you are right.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Lets end this two party farce and "elect" George Soros. He's calling most of the shots anyway.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

  10. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    This two party farce recently got a large infusion of fresh faces, 35 of which have never held public office before. With another infusion like that, it'll be a whole new ballgame, the likes of which haven't been seen since 1913.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    At the moment, I too am thinking that Herman Cain should be our next president. First of all, for the good of our nation, we need a Black man as our next president. To make the first alleged Black president a one termer can continue to divide our country along O'Bummer's fast track of racism. White Americans will be saying under their breath; Look what happened when we had a Black president.", and Black Americans will feel as though O'Bummer was persecuted for being Black...ish.

    Cain really does have all of the electable ingredients. Cain is a successful Black businessman. He has not only run businesses, he has excelled in turning business's around as well as always leaving a business in better shape then it was when he took control of that business. He is a mathematician who can be be considered a mathematical wizard. And oh how our economy could use a little magic right now.

    Not only that, but Cain is from the South! A Black American this successful having come from the South is no slouch. This is a git er done guy.

    The United States is at a socially precarious time of our existance. Yes, the economy is in the crapper. Yes, we have lost most of the fight with Socialism, but not yet the war. All of these things are true, but nothing is really as important as is healing the racial divide that O'Bummer has created and perpetuated in the short amount of time he has been president.

    But the most important reason I like Cain; I feel I can trust the man. He has been an American all of his life. He has not given in to the Socialist programs that he was no doubt tempted with in his life, but he kept fighting to become a very prominent figure in the American business world.

    Americans who make this country work have been quiet long enough. It's about time we raise Cain; for president.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,647
    Well said Robo.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Float'N Vally, MS
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old2rock View Post
    Herman may have problems in the south.
    This is total BS. If you will notice the "South" usually votes conservative. And if it is a heads up between Cain and Obummer, it is Cain all the way. Also he has a "preacher" way of public speaking..

    People I have talked to from Pennsylvania however tell me he will have problems.

    Cain kinda stuck his foot in his mouth over the Israel issue Sunday... had to back-peddle... A little early for a good candidate to have to do that. I hope his handlers teach him to NEVER shoot from the hip again.
    Time will tell if he gets over that or he will keep pulling Palin's. (I just coined that term )

    What I would like to see is a debate between Newt and BHO... Make a stumbling fool out of Obummer in public...
    I don't think Newt will last. He is coming across as a "middle of the road" McCain type.

    I believe Robo's post above is will thought out and mostly correct.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event