Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Election '12

Election '12

Okay fellas. We've got Obama on the Left. Say what you will about his policies / agenda, he's going to be very tough to beat. By anyone.

On the Right we have a pretty wide variety of choices.

Here's the guy who's getting my attention:
    http://www.hermancain.com/index.asp

What are the thoughts here?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

The Liberal media will have a witch hunt like they did to Clarence Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    The Liberal media will have a witch hunt like they did to Clarence Thomas.
    No doubt about it. They will attempt to crucify anyone who speaks out in opposition to President Obama.

What I like about Herman Cain is he's conservative at levels that scare the piss out of most mainstream GOP, (God help him if he actually wins), and he's already nullified the Left's most deadly weapon... the Race card.

It's clear to me that it's either gonna be Herman Cain or another term for President Obama.

Bottom line.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

He will not be elected,in the "Press" he will be chopped up because he represents too much corporate structure.

Besides that the coffee and donuts are running out.

And I like the new term used he won't provide any free ice cream.
    FEN

Herman may have problems in the south.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2rock View Post
    Herman may have problems in the south.
    Obama took some of the south?

This guys name has been menitoned alot lately. Albeit mostly on this forum.

Can someone share what his stand is on some big issues? Is he willing to cut unnecessary programs? Is he a big religious right guy? Does he have alot of baggage that the media will rip him a new one? Is he some what moderate ie electable?

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    This guys name has been menitoned alot lately. Albeit mostly on this forum.

Can someone share what his stand is on some big issues? Is he willing to cut unnecessary programs? Is he a big religious right guy? Does he have alot of baggage that the media will rip him a new one? Is he some what moderate ie electable?
    Here is today's interview on Fox news Sunday.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/954878611...sidential-bid/

Obama should be a "shoe in" after brokering a peace deal between Israel and Palestine! He will have his second Nobel Peace Prize by then!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

I'm a registered Democrat but am a middle of the road kind of guy. I've have voted for Republicans in the past if I like their message and views or have done a good job. I would have voted for McCain in 2000 if he were nominated but he sure changed. I am interested to hear what Cain and Huntsman have to say. Forget all the nutbags that the Right have been trotting out. This country doesn't need any more of those make crap up and see what sticks and "Joe The Plumber moments" Obama was right on one thing when he produced the birth certificate, "We have no time for this silliness". We have serious problems and all the talk is about stupid made up nonsense. It's time to do what's right for this country and stop trying to score political points. That goes for both sides of the aisle!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    Obama should be a "shoe in" after brokering a peace deal between Israel and Palestine! He will have his second Nobel Peace Prize by then!
    If he can actually pull it off, then good on him. Well done, Mr. President. He will rightfully deserve all the accolades that will be awarded him. Even re-election.

Odds are against it.

Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    If he can actually pull it off, then good on him. Well done, Mr. President. He will rightfully deserve all the accolades that will be awarded him. Even re-election.

Odds are against it.
    He obviously knew Netanyahu's position before the big show for the press! Next year he will overcome all the odds and broker some deal which is non binding and there will be plenty of cameras there too. Fast forward 5 years and katyusha rockets will still be getting fired into Israel.
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post

Odds are against it.
    That will never happen in my opinion.

Herman Cain by the way appears to be a conservative and good for him however he does not appear to have the "charisma" to gather the popular vote in my opinion.

He just doesn't come across that great on TV. I just can't see him gathering a lot of enthusiasm behind his campaign. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast