Obama vs UN Resolution 242!? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I am not defending anyone. I just find your version of history paints white and black hats on the two sides and it ignores anything that puts any fault on the 'good guys' side. You could write copy for any government from communist to fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I am not defending anyone. I just find your version of history paints white and black hats on the two sides and it ignores anything that puts any fault on the 'good guys' side. You could write copy for any government from communist to fascist.
    Please tell me what I have stated about the history of Palestine that is not accurate. This has nothing to do with my version of history, what I have posted, with colorful pictures, is what happened. It is clearly documented.

Please!!! Tell me what I have posted that is not accurate!

Two groups of people are all living together. The group that has the most land available for them to use exclusively (80%) are constantly fighting and attacking the other group and insisting that they also live on the 20% of the land that the other group has available to live on.

It gets so bad that the two groups are separated with the one group being given about 70% of the 20% of land they were living on and the group that caused all of the fighting got the other 30% of that 20% total of land...PLUS...the other 80% governen by another country but completely available for them to live on.

BUT NO! This is not good enough because the group that has been causing trouble does not want any of the other group to have any land. So, even against the laws of their own people, this group keeps attacking the smaller group until they are kicked out of the area that they were allowed to live in.

STILL THEY KEEP attacking the smaller group from the small pockets of land that they now have to live on. Then, four of the surrounding countries who are all relatives of the group that wants to anihilate the smaller group all gang up on the smaller group, allegedly because Russians of all people tell all of these family members that the smaller group is about to attack them.

Once the bigger group took actions that sanctioned the smaller group to take counter action, the smaller group attacked all of the larger groups and kicked their butts and took the land that the group causing all of the trouble was living on.

So, all because one group of people refused under any circumstances to get along with the smaller group of people, they are now homeless. Not only are they homeless, but they are still dedicating their lives to anihilating that small group that kicked their butts.

And under these circumstances, the president of the U.S. wants the little group to give in and let things go back to the way they were before the little group kicked butt and took property? I don't see it happening.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Please tell me what I have stated about the history of Palestine that is not accurate. This has nothing to do with my version of history, what I have posted, with colorful pictures, is what happened. It is clearly documented.

Please!!! Tell me what I have posted that is not accurate!

Two groups of people are all living together. The group that has the most land available for them to use exclusively (80%) are constantly fighting and attacking the other group and insisting that they also live on the 20% of the land that the other group has available to live on.

It gets so bad that the two groups are separated with the one group being given about 70% of the 20% of land they were living on and the group that caused all of the fighting got the other 30% of that 20% total of land...PLUS...the other 80% governen by another country but completely available for them to live on.

BUT NO! This is not good enough because the group that has been causing trouble does not want any of the other group to have any land. So, even against the laws of their own people, this group keeps attacking the smaller group until they are kicked out of the area that they were allowed to live in.

STILL THEY KEEP attacking the smaller group from the small pockets of land that they now have to live on. Then, four of the surrounding countries who are all relatives of the group that wants to anihilate the smaller group all gang up on the smaller group, allegedly because Russians of all people tell all of these family members that the smaller group is about to attack them.

Once the bigger group took actions that sanctioned the smaller group to take counter action, the smaller group attacked all of the larger groups and kicked their butts and took the land that the group causing all of the trouble was living on.

So, all because one group of people refused under any circumstances to get along with the smaller group of people, they are now homeless. Not only are they homeless, but they are still dedicating their lives to anihilating that small group that kicked their butts.

And under these circumstances, the president of the U.S. wants the little group to give in and let things go back to the way they were before the little group kicked butt and took property? I don't see it happening.
    I do not see it happening either, but that does not change the fact you completely discount the Israelis have any any fault that has lead us to the current situation.

I do not see it happening either, but that does not change the fact you completely discount the Israelis have any any fault that has lead us to the current situation.
    What has the Israeli's method of defending themselves have to do with any of this? The Israeli's have done all sorts of things that have made the U.S. look bad and have been over the top for what they achieved. So what? Does that change anything about why there cannot be peace, which is because these Palestinian Muslims do not want peace?

It takes two to tango, and the Palestinian Muslims outside of the citizens of Israel don't want to dance, they want to destroy.

When Israel makes a statement that they will be willing to make some concessions, the Palestinian Muslims claim that that is an act of war. Where is there any hope in a peaceful resolution with that attitude?

The bottom line is that according to Resolution 242, no negotiations can take place unless Israel is accepted as a country by all parties, and the Palestinians still hold a hard line that they do not recognize Israel. So; game over! Why would Obama make the stupid remarks he made when the Palestinian Muslims are not even compliant to the rules of negotiation?

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v06/v06p389_John.html

There are two sides to every question.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

When Israel makes a statement that they will be willing to make some concessions, the Palestinian Muslims claim that that is an act of war. Where is there any hope in a peaceful resolution with that attitude?
    See there you go again. 'Some concessions' as in they will keep the illegal settlements that they built on Arab land in defiance of the UN and that they will not confiscate land in order to join these settlements to the rest of Israel. Also that they get to keep all of Jerusalem when the city was traditionally split between Jewish and Arab populations. What were the concessions he was willing to give? Oh yeah,

Netanyahu promised to support a Palestinian state that is "independent and viable"
    Ending a tumultuous five-day visit to Washington, Netanyahu said Tuesday he was willing to give up "parts of the ancestral Jewish homeland" in negotiations to create a separate Palestinian state. But he set requirements that varied only slightly from his previous views, and he did not address many specific Palestinian demands.

Speaking to loud applause from U.S. lawmakers, Netanyahu promised to support a Palestinian state that is "independent and viable" and acknowledged that "some [Jewish] settlements will end up outside Israel's borders" in any final deal.

But he said that Jerusalem must remain the undivided capital of Israel...
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7007895.story

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v06/v06p389_John.html

There are two sides to every question.
    I really am interested in why you would link our discussion to the bigoted opinions of an anti-Jewish, pro Muslim writer on the Balfour Declaration that has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion and had occured decades prior to the time of this discussion.

Are you aware that the author of that piece, Robert John, supported Germany and the Muslims in WWI and is heavily associated with Nazi sympathysing organazation known as the Institute for Historical Review, which denies that Nazi Germany killed millions of Jews in WWII?

Besides that article having nothing to do with this conversation, why would you even link to such a dispicable person's writings?

See there you go again. 'Some concessions' as in they will keep the illegal settlements that they built on Arab land in defiance of the UN and that they will not confiscate land in order to join these settlements to the rest of Israel. Also that they get to keep all of Jerusalem when the city was traditionally split between Jewish and Arab populations. What were the concessions he was willing to give? Oh yeah,

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7007895.story
    That land was never Arab land. It was land behind the front lines that Israel got pushed back to during the original Arab-Israeli War in 1948 when Israel was declared a sovereign nation by the U.N.

There is no Israeli "occupation" of Palestinian land. Palestine was eliminated by Britain in 1948. There was no Palestine between 1948 and 1967. There was only the lands that Palestinian Muslims held after the 1948 war between Israeli's and Palestinian Muslims. Here is the original border layout;

Note that the Gaza Strip was Eqyptian, which Israel took along with the Sinai Peninsula in the Six Day War. When Egypt recognized Israel as a country, Israel returned control of the Sinai Peninsula to Eqypt but kept the Gaza Strip under Israeli control.

Golan Heights was Israeli, so there is no occupation of that area at all by the Israeli's because it has always been designated part of Israel.

The West Bank was under Jordanian control. Jordan gave up the West Bank during the Six Day War and thereafter did not want anything to do with the PLO living in the West Bank. Israel took the West Bank in a war and the Jordanians that controlled the West Bank let Israel have it. Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post
    I am not sure I understand what your thoughts are for posting this link. All it is is an opinion piece using an erroneous quote wrongly credited to Tony Blair.

If your point is that Muslims of different areas may fight one another but will always come together for Islam, I agree.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456