Talking

Was thinking... Would it be possible to use a can of R134a, a coil of copper line and an empty can of R134a, with fitteing etc, to make a beer can cooler?

You'd start off with the R134a in the full can, under pressure. Then you'd open the valve and allow the refrigerant to vaporise in the copper tube that is wrapped around the beer can, cooling it very quickly. At the end of the coil is another R134a can which starts empty, and will fill up until both cans are equalized. No refrigerant is released. Then you'd need to 'evacuate' the refrigerant bak to the first can, but hopefully not until you've cooled a few cans...

I know it' smore trouble than it's worth, but it'd be cool. Question is, would it work?

who the hell cares! just stick the beer in the ice chest.

i don't think it would work for long enough to get the beer cold.

check this out - the coolest beer cooler i have ever seen

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

Seems to me may have been easier to just put a refrigerator in the shed. Not as challenging, but easier. Oh and less noise and heat.
    Saddle Up!

the pressure would equalize in the two cans very quickly. the system would stop working when the full can is probably still 90% full. you might be able to drop the beer temp 5 degrees or so

Send me over a case of beer, a few cans of 134a, and some copper, Ill get right to work testing this out

Someday I am going to try and tee into the liquid and suction lines of a car air conditioning system. Then run them into an evaporator of an insulated chest inside of the car. Then you would have a cooler running off of your air conditioning system.

A couple of solenoids here and there for temperature control. I think it would work.

There's no need for jet engines or freezone.......just an air compressor.

http://www.exair.com/vortextube/vt_page.htm

Originally posted by swampfox
    Send me over a case of beer, a few cans of 134a, and some copper, Ill get right to work testing this out
    This sounds like a testing job for us college students
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Originally posted by scruit
    I know it' smore trouble than it's worth, but it'd be cool. Question is, would it work?
    You're too late.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4640101.html
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.