Thread: question

I heard somewhere on here before that an employer can find out everyone you had worked for by using your SS#. Is that really true and legal? I had bad experiences with 2 past employers. I don't want them to possibly wreck my chances with a future employer by them being contacted.

I don't know about other states but in Va. a past employer can't not legally give a bad referance.

But, as the saying goes, "it's not what you say but how you say it".

A question future employer can ask of a future employer is "Is this person available for re-hire?". An anwser would be a bad thing.

If you would give me an application and did not have past employement or missing dates, you better have an explanation or it will go in the trash.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

an employeer can only legally be told that yes/or no you worked there and when, but what takes place during that phone call the potential employee has no way of finding out

should employers discuss something they shouldnt be discussing they would never admit it anyway, so your best bet is not to piss them off untill after you are employeed somewhere else

thanks for the responces. So are you guys saying that a employer can't do this with your ss#?

Any investigative firm or web search firm can find out anything about your past that is public and not so public record with your SS#. Give it to me and for $50.00 or less I can have your complete history on my desk within 24 hours or less.

Being legal or not has no bearing because they will never tell what they have on you. There is nothing you can do to stop it and nothing you can do to help it except mind your P’s and Q’s when resigning from another job place and keep your financials in order.

Lots of people do not know how private and protected by federal law your SS# is. You are in the drivers seat if you catch someone using it illegally.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Lots of people do not know how private and protected by federal law your SS# is. You are in the drivers seat if you catch someone using it illegally.
    .....But it sounds like we can do nothing about it cause we can't catch them. Thanks to the good ol' internet..

What did you do, did someone die?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Did you know that in most states...

When you are hired your employer must register your employment with the state. No, not for taxes, it has nothing to do with taxes.....and it must be done within 30 days or the company will be fined.

Why???

Their main purpose is to keep up with people who jump child support payments, find them and garnish their wages. That is the reason the bill was passed. Personally I can think of a lot of other reasons why the state wants to know where you are.

Rules are changing out there boys and girls... keep the handi wipes out and the noses clean or big daddy will find you.