Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Driving Phobias

Klonopin, Valium, Xanax, whatever, just have him pop a few of those

I think he is looking for a real answer not a drug induced remedy, thats just a cover up.

Hey Boot,

She got pissed when she found out I wasn't from Fort Wayne,

Whatever...
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

From this thread....

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=82941

Originally posted by gruvn
    What level of ability are they looking for, I can hardly believe that 80 grand would sound very appealing to anyone in this field, that has five years or more experience, I would have guessed that it would have been 175 to 250 grand no taxes, to lure people over there. wow 80 grand, aren't most of us making that or more anyway ? or at close to it ?
    More proof your lying

One of our techs, has been suffering from panic attacks while driving on bridges, hills, high curving roads, she has just acquired this condition since she as always traveled these roads without any fear what so ever , it is really starting to hamper her schedule. She has been driving many many miles out of the way in order to avoid the areas where these attacks happen. Ever ran across anything like this ? she is about 26 years old, female, and dumber than a bag of hammers. She just flips out when she has the attacks. At first I thought it was a hormone imbalance or just too much estrogen in a man's world

Well

You could look around for some old retired tech who is bored, to act sort of like a chauffer. Or you could even change your job description, get a cool hat and do the driving yourself. It may even be possible that this hottie is your feminine side, personifying 'herself'. The panic attacks occur when one personality takes over from the other.

But if in fact this is definetly two people, then providing a driver would be a viable solution to a challenging problem.

A real life solution that has the potential to be made into a Lifetime Movie of the Week.

I can just see the title now as I hold the envelope up to my forehead.

Its called, "Driving Miss Drema"

[Edited by Carnak on 08-24-2005 at 12:53 AM]
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by Carnak
    One of our techs, has been suffering from panic attacks while driving on bridges, hills, high curving roads, she has just acquired this condition since she as always traveled these roads without any fear what so ever , it is really starting to hamper her schedule. She has been driving many many miles out of the way in order to avoid the areas where these attacks happen. Ever ran across anything like this ? she is about 26 years old, female, and dumber than a bag of hammers. She just flips out when she has the attacks. At first I thought it was a hormone imbalance or just too much estrogen in a man's world

Well

You could look around for some old retired tech who is bored, to act sort of like a chauffer. Or you could even change your job description, get a cool hat and do the driving yourself. It may even be possible that this hottie is your feminine side, personifying 'herself'. The panic attacks occur when one personality takes over from the other.

But if in fact this is definetly two people, then providing a driver would be a viable solution to a challenging problem.

A real life solution that has the potential to be made into a Lifetime Movie of the Week.

I can just see the title now as I hold the envelope up to my forehead.

Its called, "Driving Miss Drema"

[Edited by Carnak on 08-24-2005 at 12:53 AM]
    ================================================== =========

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

This problem is curable.He will not crash the truck.He should start seeking out some therapy or find a good friend to help him drive these roads where he's got the problems.Facing fear is the only way to beat it.

The whole scenario is a ruse. While there may be certain cases where this has happened, fat eddy (aka gruvn) is trolling. God only knows where he would have taken this.

Proud member of KA Club

Smile bootlen

It is sort of fun reading some of this, until things get out of hand.

This is a serious issue that could efect him the rest of his life. To anyone else the situation is totally irrational (and he may admit it himself) however the effects of this come on involuntarily. Sweaty hands, chills, disorientation, involuntary muscle reactions, loss of ability to control muscle function, possibly a blackout. He will need some help and understanding to get over this, however it is like any other hang up -you learn to manage it yet the beast will always be there.

I (can't believe I'm relating this on the world wide web, part of managing it I guess?) also have this type of issue. High bridges do a real number on me. I had my first (and only serious) panic attack on the top of the Chesapeake bay bridge driving 65mph at 186.5ft above the water and I passed out cold while driving. still here to tell about it yet and struggle with it regularly (my in-laws live in Centreville on the easern shore and we're over there every other weekend) I had driven across this bridge for many many years before this and to this day CANNOT tell you why this happened, but once it does you just don't "get over it". I'm 6'-4" and 250lbs of hunting, fishing, working, MAN and have no other fears yet it happened to me so it's not an issue of being a sissy or pansy.
    The condition worsens isf stress exists before the actual phobia circumstance is present, so be mild when discussing this with him, if you push he will make a rash decision and aviod it all together and possibly quit you.
    He dreams about the situation, thinks about it during the day and wakes up with nightmares about it so he will become exhausted inn the weeks to come. He lives it every day and it's coupled with a sense of shame and remorse for not being "normal".

He can learn to manage it in time yet it will take time to do this.

I can truly sympathise with him and you and If I can be of assistance let me know.

"The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

I agree, md and roy. I have a cousin who is deathly afraid to cross bridges. He manages but it is very difficult. I was making it clear that gruvn is a troll and may have made a big joke about something which can be devastating to some. I was not, in any way, minimizing the reality portion of the post.

Proud member of KA Club

Robo,

How did you trace that to vitamin depletion , and allergies ?

Thanks for the positive info.

And how did you correct it ?
    Since this is a very real issue for me I am going to play as if this is a viable thread.

It turns out that I am one of thousands (with numbers rising rapidly) who suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity issues. The major culprit of the panic attacks while driving was due to the affects of NutraSweet.

This compound, like so many other food additives today, attaches to minerals and vitamins in our systems and flushes these vital substances out of our bodies. The lack of B vitamins in our system severely affects our memory and comprehension which is needed to keep us from becoming confused.

After many extensive and intensive studies my doctor was able to ascertain that I am acutely affected by most food additives, even so called natural ones like soy extracts, and more so by chemicals used to produce scents and even more so by the chemicals that claim to "deodorize".

Chemicals used to "deodorize" actually attack the tissue in our nasal passages to deaden the nerves so we cannot smell as well. They don't take away the odor, they take away our ability to detect the odor. This is compounded by the now smell deficient persons who then over compensate for then need of chemical smells by putting even more of these chemicals into the air.

All of these chemicals attack our bodies natural functions. Chemicals such as the ones used for scenting products and the ones used to take the place of sugars and/or fats have a severe adverse affect on our bodies natural chemicals.

These are the reasons why there are so many athsmatic people, especially children, nowadays. These are also the reason why overweight people do not lose weight from eating fat free and sugarless products. In severe cases, obese persons have been diagnosed as suffering from malnutrition from these additives having washed out the needed vitamins and minerals from their systems.

When a product needs to include warning like; "May cause diarhea or have a laxitive like effect.", there is something majorly wrong with that product.

Ever notice the commercial for "Wow!" snack products shows people eating the chips while floating on the water in inner tubes? That's because your butt is so sore from the "laxitive" affect that you need the water to ease the pain.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast