Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I've Posted Many Responses Here To Diy'ers. Some Have Been Straight Forward. Others Not So Straight Forward, If I Ever Smelled A Rat. I Got A Call For A No Cool Today. Upon Arrival The Elderly Gentleman Thanked God We Were There. His Condenser Unit Had Blown A Fuse And He Had No Money To Replace It. He Used (I'll Not Post What He Used But I'm Sure The Techs Here Will No) Something To Make Contact In The Box And It Shorted It Out. This Man Invited Me And My Son Into His Home For Some Cold Water. I Told My Boy To Go Put The Fuses We Had In The Truck In And To Trim The Burnt Wire And Re Attach It In The Box. When We Were Finished He Showed Us His Metals And Pics From The Death March He'd Been On In The Philippines. I Told Him There Was No Charge, For I Had Been A Solider As Well. He Started To Cry And Said, "please Son Let Me Give You Something For You Effort. In His Cupboards Were Cans Of Vegetables And Little More. He Would Not Be Satisfied Until I Took Some So I Did. I'll Be Back (He Doesn't Know It} Today To Replace The Entire Unit For Free I Have 2 Extra Split H/p's In The Shop That Need A Good Home. Lots Of People Think Our Profession Is Full Of Hacks And Thieves. That Is Just Not True.

[Edited by ravenx on 08-24-2005 at 09:04 AM]

Thanks from many

I am sure there are many many citizens who would say "THANK YOU" for what you did today.

The Bataan death march in the Phillipines, good Lord. The existence of human action like that, is why we have to have a military and honor them.

Best wishes -- P.Student

That my friend

was a stand up thing to do. And I respect that more than you know. Thank you

Raven if you were nearby I would help you install it. People like you are one of the reasons I chose this trade. God Bless you.

No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Thumbs up

there is not better feeling then knowing you are doing the right thing for someone. god bless you

Ravenx,

I'm in a very tight spot right now but, i'd like to send send you a C note towards to install.

Please forward a po box.
    I'll make it up soon
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

We do several charity jobs a year and we don't go looking for them, we let God lead us to them as he did you, I will say from experience get ready for a big Blessing that is about to come your way. If you added up the amount dollar wise of the charity jobs we did last year I would say we received back probably over 100 fold this summer already, it's great to hear that's there is folks like you still out there.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Ravenx,

From a vet who has a father-in-law who was shot down over Munich, Germany and parachuted out of a burning B24 Liberator, only to spend 9 1/2 months as a prisoner of war in Nazi Germany, I'm sure I speak for him as well as myself in saying thanks for taking care of a fellow vet. That' a mighty fine thing you did today.

I'm proud of you, your deed goes a long way to make our trade honorable.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

thank you ravenx for your generiousity,this man should have never had to work a day in his life after such an ordeal.the march was horrible but it wasnt the only war crime.Our soilders went through hell for years after that in the phillipines.some were ship to japan to work only to be bomb by our own planes in the ocean.others were starved to death and many were just tortured for the hell of it.it is definitely a dark chapter in U.S. history.It was also the largest American surrender ever.tell this man that he hasnt been forgotten in my book.SEMPER FI>
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them,Albert Einstein.Stop,Think,and Act!Find the PROBLEM before ever considering the SOLUTION,Carey Collins. What would Chesty Puller do?

What was blowing the fuses?

Originally posted by Chill
    I was wondering the same thing....

Originally posted by Chill
    The old fuse was very weak from what I could tell, and we have had 100+ temps as of late. I suspect the compressor is about to go as it was noisy as hell at start up .The substance he used, ended up burning a wire in the dis connect.It's a 1985 carrier split h/p, and had not ever been cleaned as far as I could see. Were gonna replace the disconnect too. I'm headed out the door to replace it as soon as the boys are through loading the truck.They wouldn't wait until saturday. lol. Thanks for all the support, folks. were going to replace a leaking kitchen faucet and repair a leaky toilet he has as well. And some money he must have lost is going to re appear as well.

[Edited by ravenx on 08-24-2005 at 08:15 AM]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast