Thread: freus problems

freus problems

Does anyone know what would cause a freus unit to have the fan and pump run continuously? The problem seems to be intermittent.

A constant problem that is intermittent ? Call a service tech, have a professional check the system out, and he/she can advise you as to the problem and recommended solution. Good Luck !

I am the tech, but I'm not too familiar with Freus units. The home owner said the fan and water pump ran for two days with the t-stat off. He shut off the disconnected (this is a split system) when I arrived and turned on the power it ran for a few seconds then shut off. I ran the system through several on/off cycles, but I couldn't replicate the problem. Just hoping someone could give me some advice if it happens again. I'm pretty sure it's either the sequencer or the relay, but I'm nothing sure which.
    Last edited by danpastime; 05-21-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Get you post count up and apply for professional status and we can discuss this further in the professional forum. Technical questions can not be discussed here.

My bad. I thought this site was meant to be helpful. Didn't realize it was just so more experienced techs can be dicks. You guys have fun with this.

General Discussion ANY topic HVAC or otherwise

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm not trying to be an ass its just there are certain rules we must abide by here.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Well if anybody knows I'd appreciate a little help. You can drop me an email at my screen name @Gmail.com

Dan,

It's just that we do not want to discuss highly technical topics in the open area where a homeowner or someone with no experience can do harm.

Go Pro and you will have members jumping over backwards in the now hidden to you forums to assist you.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by danpastime View Post
    My bad. I thought this site was meant to be helpful. Didn't realize it was just so more experienced techs can be dicks. You guys have fun with this.
    You are new here so let me give you a little advice.

First, Welcome to the site.

This is a professional forum for professionals run by professionals in the industry. It is proper here to have someone new to call their local professional. Tiger also gave you very good advice.

Take your time and read the site. Start with the rules. If you start off here by calling others names you will not last very long. So, Chill out.

This will be your only verbal warning.

How is one supposed to get 15 technical posts if technical issues aren't supposed to be discussed in the general forum?

Quote Originally Posted by danpastime View Post
    How is one supposed to get 15 technical posts if technical issues aren't supposed to be discussed in the general forum?
    Technical merit, or substance, doesn't mean they have to be detailed technical post.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?