Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobs in Iraq?

I would feel much safer if I could carry a gun.

I think I'd rather be un-armmed... and here, not there.

Of course, if I was in some of the area's y'all have to work in, Iraq might not be so bad.

Originally posted by bootlip

I would feel much safer if I could carry a gun.

The last thing you want to be is a person in civilian clothing on a military base with a weapon. If anything goes down you will be immediately targeted by U.S. military personel. I already inquired.

I was to be housed in a 10 person tent on a military base with 4 meals a day provided. I was to be issued a flacke jacket, kevlar helmet and NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) suit. The helmet amd vest were mandatory when near the perimeter of the base.

I have all of the recruit literature because I was told to have everything ready for when I got the call to leave. I was told that I would be leaving the Friday after I got the call so everything had to be ready to go. The recruiter for Haliburton just screwed around so much I had to take a temporary job. I even cleared that through this Jake character. He contacted me last while I was in Cayman with the insulting offer of less money if I would leave right away.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

RoBo

Out of curiosity, why didn’t you send this story to the national news agencies to embarrass the living crap out of them so they would not continue pulling this on so many other Americans?

I'm still working on it. I have to be careful with what I say and Jake was very careful to cover his bases.

All in all it was the sleaziest dealings I have ever encountered with persons in business. These slimeballs absoulutely do not care about anyone but themselves. It was an eye opener.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Can't believe

That they are worse than goodman!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12