Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc View Post
    it should be 20 deg def from outside weather so if its 86 it should b 66 go with option 2
    Huh?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Make sure they have someone who regularly works on Lennox. They tend to do things a little different on the controls and wiring.

Lennox is a great company... call them they will tell you who to use. I would start from the beginning.
    Load calc. To see if correct size. Once verified...
    Blower performance test verify speed....fix duct work if necessary...
    Fix leak... charge to pt chart have a nice day sorry about the extra charges...
    Unit will not work correct if to little or to much air is going across the coil.

I bet this contractor you used was low bidder.

Any system we install we put on a nitrogen test to 300 psi. It has to hold 24 hours before we evacuate and charge the system. After the evacuation we open the service valves. The charge in the condensing unit should fill the system. If you have no charge in the condensing unit then you have to do the '300 psi test for 24 hr.' again.

Seems extreme I know but this is the only way to avoid embrassing call backs. You would be surprised how many manufacturer's leaks we have found this way. If the system is leaking before we even start it up you can bet that our distributor is going to pay for our time that we are losing on the installation. During the installation the manufacturer or his distributor has yet to be paid. If you find a leak at this point then you have something to bargain with. "Send me a new system or pay me to fix this system." Get the name and number of the person who authorizes the repair. Then submit your remittance for the equipment with your bill deducted from the payment. If you do business this way then the manufacturer is whining to you instead of you whining to the manufacturer.

If you wait 3 months down the line to find a leak, that was there from the begining, then it is a lose-lose situation for everyone but the manufacturer.

Most guys feel that when you get a brand new system that is leak free. When we get a brand new system we assume that there is a leak in it until we test it.

Most guys feel that when you get a brand new system that is leak free. When we get a brand new system we assume that there is a leak in it until we test it.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think....

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Huh?
    Not outside temp, acrossed coil, your delta t"s, 20 degree is perfect 18 is good. The difference between R\A and S\A, not the temp outside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12