Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JUST GREAT!

Due to financial situations from my mid-life crisis decisions over the past year, I had to wait till the last minute to book the hotel room.

They want to charge me $300 a night for the same room that was $169 (with discounts) three weeks ago.

I will have to stay at a different hotel or commute.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

That sucks man !! Why don't you see if anyone here wants to be your roommate for the weekend. The rooms have 2 queen beds. Just a suggestion.

WTF?

When we were shootin the **** the other nite with Refer I called the hotel and it was $214/nite.
    You didn't piss them off by mentioning Dice did you?

OK, got them to do $199 for Friday but they won't budge for Saturday. No problem. Lisa and I will head on home after the crab feast.

It's still going to be great!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Robo

Not sure if you realized this or not, but you can make reservations in advance and they will not charge your credit card until you actually get there and use the room.

Even if, say, your card is maxed out, you can still use that card number to reserve the room. I reserved a room once with a maxed out credit card, and when I got there, I just paid cash.

Most motels give you up to 4PM on the day of arrival to cancel your reservation, so you can reserve months in advance and you will still be able to cancel at the last minute if you have to.

Robo

Not sure if you realized this or not, but you can make reservations in advance and they will not charge your credit card until you actually get there and use the room.

Even if, say, your card is maxed out, you can still use that card number to reserve the room. I reserved a room once with a maxed out credit card, and when I got there, I just paid cash.

Most motels give you up to 4PM on the day of arrival to cancel your reservation, so you can reserve months in advance and you will still be able to cancel at the last minute if you have to.

Just thought I'd give you some NON-HVAC related advice

Look forward to seeing you there.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=82284

they are up to 179 per night but i guess it is about 1/2 mile away from where everyone is staying

Got two rooms a few days ago at 239 per. Lisa can stay in my room and you can sleep under the overpass if that helps, hey just trying to help out a fellow Hvac'er. Mmmmmm crab cakes.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Got mine long ago, $199 per night, no card charge till I get there, no restricitions. Nice room.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Got mine long ago, $199 per night, no card charge till I get there, no restricitions. Nice room.
    They have me down for a senior discount. With the discount it is 169. I am supposed to be 62. Actually I'll be a few days shy of 61. If they ask for ID I'll make believe I can't hear what they are talking about.

HOMO ALERT !!!!

Don't buy this crap. This is Boyd trying to get in a room with one of you guys. Oh God, I just remembered the "commando thread"

I could have got the $169 room awhile back with a AAA discount, but it had a no cancellation policy and they charged the card right away and a few other things.........so I figgered it was better to go with the extra $30 a night just in case.
    And Robo can sleep in the lobby, I will lend him one of my pillows......maybe.......
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

If this is the same place that I stayed in the last time I went to Baltimore, (and I think it is), I passed out in the cigar lounge. When I came to I pi$$ed in the hall. Very accomodating people. Robin I'm sure you won't have any trouble being comfy in the lobby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast