+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please come in here and tear my resume apart!

Post Likes
    He could make his own holster!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    He could make his own holster!
    That is bad!! Tsk,tsk. Funny as hell, but bad.

Post Likes
    I could make the whole damn belt!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I would laugh and move on to the next resume!

Hello Maam, Im here to fix your vibrator...I mean furnace. lolz
    Care to explain why, exactly? It was no different from any other job hand-assembling custom-ordered items at a small, dreary factory. How should the actual product I was assembling make a difference? Does holding that job automatically make me some sort of morally bankrupt weirdo, not even worthy of an interview to find out what I'm really like?

Your second sentence suggests a lack of professionalism and maturity. Maybe that's the reason.

Post Likes
    Mature enough to know that putting a dildo factory on a resume is not the best idea. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence.

Whats next....a robosex toy programmer and speed switch operator? This will not help you in the DDC market. Lolz!

Post Likes
    Meh, it frankly shouldn't matter, at least not to anyone professional enough to not go 'hur hur boobs lol' and chuck a resume immediately because it upsets their prenotions of 'values'. And you still didn't explain why exactly it's such a problem, other than 'lol dildo'.

Besides, the only other option is to have a big hole in my work history, which will be ferreted out in an interview anyway. You'll notice I had that job during some of the worst months of our current economic slump. Options were slim.

Sorry to be so combative, but being dismissed based on once having a perfectly average job because someone else imagines that it wasn't perfectly average is very irritating.

Post Likes
    Just conceal it as manufacturing/assembly work. If they pry, then you can share the specifics.

Social engineering brutha....politicians do it all the time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr00 View Post
    As I've re-iterated too many times, really all it says on my actual resume is a (rather dull-sounding) company name and my position as a 'leather products assembler'.

I'm not sure what's worse, really. Having them dig deeper and find the company website, or having a massive hole in my employment history if I leave that out :|
    From earlier. And I should mention that googling the company name *won't* bring up their website, which goes under a completely different name.

And leather products assembly *was* my actual job title. If I'd been hired as 'Entry-level Whips 'n Chains Engineer' or something, I might be more inclined to get a bit more creative with my job title.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in