About 30 years ago. A friend of mine and it wasn't me took his girlfriend on a little boat ride. They were in a flat bottom boat on Lake Corpus Christi headed to a bar on the other side of the lake. The sun had just gone down. Romantic huh? They were sitting side by side in the back of the boat. They were all riled up, his hand slid to you know where. The passion started. She said, turn the motor off. He reached back to kill the little motor, which had no cowling and hit the spark plug. She got it, the romantic interlude was over.They were married a year later.
Originally posted by oroy54 He reached back to kill the little motor, which had no cowling and hit the spark plug. She got it
Reminds me of when I was in high school. I was in body shop and we had to cut through auto mechanics to get to class and us being smart asses started a campus golf cart they were working on. Problem was it smoked like hell and the ignition was bad to where it wouldn't kill the engine. Me being Mr.Genious decides to pull off the coil wire. Take a frigg'n wild guess what happened next.
To this day being shocked with 480, 277, 120, 24 nothing hurt like that damn coil wire.
I had an old piece of crap dirt bike, kawasaki 250 and there was no kill switch and no rubber over the coil wire. Engine got stuck full throttle, and I had to make a choice either crash or get zapped. I picked the get zapped method. My entire arm was on fire for the rest of that day.
Originally posted by salmike I had an old piece of crap dirt bike, kawasaki 250 and there was no kill switch and no rubber over the coil wire. Engine got stuck full throttle, and I had to make a choice either crash or get zapped. I picked the get zapped method. My entire arm was on fire for the rest of that day.
didn't I pass you on the way to the first check point heading for Vegas back in ..... 1973?
Barstow to Vegas desert race .... remember?
You would be amazed at how many times my insulated plyers have saved me. Always, always short out the terminals of a run cap with your plyers.
The worst time I got jolted was actually though my meter. I was touching the cabinet as I was taking an amp reading and I got zapped through my insulated meter. Tell me how that happens. That was the worst time ever. I called it a day after that one. Been bitten a few minor times before that.
A LOOOOOng while ago, oh I see the l now, I missed it, at first, I thought you were asking something else, my bad.
Not my last but my worst is while in a hot humid Houston attic I was on one side of the furnace and my metal tool bucket was on the other side. I put my left hand on the top of the furnace and reached with my right hand for the metal bucket. Bringing the metal bucket up, it touched the 120 volt wires sticking out of the control box. The juice went throught the metal bucket up my right arm through my chest and down my left arm into my hand and then into the furnace, oh that reeeeaally hurt. Another time was an oil burner transformer, while working in Harrisburg Pa. I used a pair of channel locks to test the spark on the transformer, YYYEEEEEOOOOUUUUUUWwww!!! Comfort grips are NOT made to hold back that much or any amount of electricity.