Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking

I must have been due, it's been quite a while. On a call out this week end I still had the back of a condenser opened up after getting it running. I had my arm inside feeling how hot the compessor was. Little 83 yr old lady popped out of the door and asked me something. I flinched and layed my arm ever so perfectly across the duel cap.

After removing my arm I looked down and of course the ground was wet from a brief rain. Figures!!
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

It never fails. They always seem to come around and startle you when you're most vulnerable. It's been years for me. I hope it never happens again.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Saturday Nite.

Wedding reception for a cousin held in my shop. Did great till 10:00, then my bro handed me a whiskey. All down hill from there.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

It seem like every day this time a year.No main voltage,just 24 volts.Well I should not say just 24 volts,when you're wet that stuff hits pretty hard.

Originally posted by simpleman
    It seem like every day this time a year.No main voltage,just 24 volts.Well I should not say just 24 volts,when you're wet that stuff hits pretty hard.
    Just got hammered a few days ago by 24 volt (NOT) control circuitry. (Not the first time). This time it was an old Lennox G8 furnace. They used to mount the blower relay on the underside of the electrical panel. When the unit ices up or the drain clogs up, water goes straight down through the knockout and fills the damned blower relay with water! So the control voltage and line voltage are under water together.

YOWEEE!!

Smile Spotts!

I was thinking the same thing! Around here it is called, showing your ass.

A little while ago, and every so often, puts the heart back in sinc and wakes up dead brain cells.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I call it electric shok therapy we all need just a little to remind us we are alive
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

had a good tingle from a lightning strike friday night, huge storm cause some flooding and I was checking it out.

Got in pretty quick after that

I don't mind dancin once in a while, but bein a control freak, I kinda like to pick the song.

Pretty recent for me... Alone on a roof top, working on an electric heater, 575 Volts, meter leads in hand gingerly testing here and there - watching every wire and connection as it recently rained. Reaching into a hard to get at spot when a hand on my shoulder and a loud voice - "Didja find the problem?" Customer came up onto the roof to see how I was doing.

Brushed a knuckle across one of the elements while fore arm was against the cabinet.

Customer said he got a shock off of me... I vaguely remember NOT throwing him off of the roof. I think.

I'd rather a Tattoo on a hemmorhoid rather than that experience again!
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

a few years ago at least. the older carrier units had the caps in the electrical compartment, mounted upside down with the spades to the outdoor fan on the bottom side with rubber caps, supposed to be there. Was doing maintanence on the units and just had finished washing down the coils, before taking vitals. was cleaning some extra debrit from inside compressor housing and my elbow went up too far and shorted the spades or was enough with the wet roof and my left arm grabbing the frame for support. ouch, that locked my arm muscles for a split second and really got my attention, also made my heart beat a little faster for a minute. i guess good thing about caps, is they a drained after a time, sometimes those overcurrents don't do it, like someone i know, working around ****ty wiring on 277 light circuit, that one did'nt trip right away.

heart trouble

I spend as much time wireing as i do on hvac work and get hit quite often. I have a mitro valve pro-lapse and this seems to keep the ticker beating. Worst ever was working on my jet boat when I was a kid, back in the ice age, had a 455 olds with an very high performance distributer. Friend of mine turned the key over while I had a hold of the wire to see if there was fire and landed in the gravel behind the boat. By far worse than any 120 or 240 I've ever been hit with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast