Thread: Robert Shaw vs. Honeywell thermostats - Rant

Post Likes

Hmm Robert Shaw vs. Honeywell thermostats - Rant

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but ever since I started installing the Robert Shaw i series thermostats, every time I come across a Honeywell commercial electronic stat, I want to rip it off the wall and smash it with my boot. I especially hate that I have to go look up all the codes and go through them one by one because who knows who installed it or was there before me and if they configured it correctly for the particular system. The Robert Shaws actually speak ENGLISH. No codes to look up. Amen for simplicity and flexibility with the remote sensors. I am just venting here - I keep coming across big multi-stage ac units where the stats are never configured correctly. I apologize if I have offended any fans of Honeywell, but every time I am going through that endless list of codes, all I can think about is "It doesn't have to be this difficult" Thanks Robert Shaw! I will never buy another Honeywell for a commercial application unless the customer or my boss insists on it.

Post Likes
    fee[ better now?

checking configuration is the first thing I do, our own clowns can't configure them correctly

had a new carrier gemini locking out last year, could not find a mechanical or refrigerant issue with it

closed unit up, standing talking to maintenance guy, then this machine stats a cycle:

on 4 minutes, off 4 minutes, did that for 4 cycles, got into configuration of t-stat

set for 9 cycles_problem, this thing will lock out on the 4th cycle in an hour

changed cycle rate, all is good
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Robert Shaw may make good thermostats, but I loved him in JAWS. "I'll kill yer shark, Chief." He was awesome.

(Anyone under 40 may not get this)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McCranky View Post
    Robert Shaw may make good thermostats, but I loved him in JAWS. "I'll kill yer shark, Chief." He was awesome.

(Anyone under 40 may not get this)
    "HOOPER DRIVES THE BOAT, CHIEF"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 FUN View Post
    "HOOPER DRIVES THE BOAT, CHIEF"
    Oh!....I like to go swimminn.. with...bowl...legged ....womenn.....

I'll show yah a scar chief......

Post Likes
    " We're going to need a bigger boat"
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in