Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've sat on the sidelines of similar gigs with my own family. I was married to a Catholic girl, and these things seemed common place. I initially felt left out from may situations, like you are now - even with my own sisters. And each event was cackled about, poured over, and even made un-realistic from the female's side. I just watched the comedy, and shook my head. When they finally approached me over time (as I rarely was stressed over ANY family problems/plans or parties they caused or bickered over). I'd just grin, and tell them they are doing fine.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

I would think twice before I walked out of that little 5 year old girls life. She could love you just as much or more than all those people you have a problem with. You don't have to keep living with your sister. Sounds like there are some other stress issues going on. Don't just run away from that little girl. One day you will look back and discover you spent your life running from people and hurting the ones that didn't deserve it. In the heat of the moment kids can become collateral damage. That's not right. Get your own place where you can be master of the thermostat and still be the man in that little girls life.

Hmmmm.... As James put it .... Listen to his thoughts, they make good sense CT. IMO
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Could have thought I read here somewhere about a 5 year old accepting Jesus into her life...... and being baptized. What did I miss?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I would welcome the fact they didnt involve me in the planning and the decision making for this event. with that many people involved at least one of them is going to do or say something to piss off some one---or forget to invite someone , consider yourself lucky, they cant blame you for any mistakes that may come up

So what is going on with this?

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

In my opinion, what SHOULD have happened here, was that they should have told their brother what they had planned, and let ME pick up a phone in OUR house, and be INCLUDED in this conversation.

Please do yourself a huge favor and read a book called "Pulling Your Own Strings".

It was recommended to me by people on this website and has helped me to get out of the role of "playing a victim".

Give it a try, you'll be glad you did.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

This is the book. I think Sleeth mentioned it a couple of years back.

http://www.harpercollins.com/global_...sbn=0060845678

Originally posted by sodadude

Please do yourself a huge favor and read a book called "Pulling Your Own Strings".

It was recommended to me by people on this website and has helped me to get out of the role of "playing a victim".

I read this book as well. So screw ya all. Things WILL be done my way from now on !!!!!!!

Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by sodadude

I read this book as well. So screw ya all. Things WILL be done my way from now on !!!!!!!
    Right after Mrs. Cool says they will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12