Thread: Made it home!

Post Likes
    Got in about 8PM. I left Baltimore at 11:30 this morning, so it was an 8 1/2 hour trip back.

It was a little slow going out of Mayland and Delaware, but after that it was fine. The minute I hit the Jersey Turnpike it was a parking lot. Was like this for about 10 miles, then it was fine until I hit the toll booth at the end of the Jersey Turnpike. I hit New York City traffic big time. Crept from the George Washington Bridge all the way to exit 3 in New York, however it was fine the rest of the way.

I tell you, comming back into Connecticut, while it was fine in my direction (Northbound) Southbound was a parking lot from New York City all the way back to exit 70 in Connecticut. WOW!

To give you an idea, my exit is 75, and from NYC to exit 70 in CT is about a 2 1/2 hour drive at 70 mph! I bet those people headed for new york had no idea what they were in for!

I was very impressed with the trip. I had the best time I have had in YEARS and I mean that. There were a lot of neat people, and I definatly plan on attending next year.

It was definatly worth the trip. I was also very impressed with the way Robo had everything planned down pat. (He even went so far as to put the hvac-talk logo at our tables at the crab fest! LOL!) Seriously though, not one single flaw, everything went as planned.

I would like to thank everyone that made this happen, including BC1 for covering the deposit for the crab fest.

I look forward to seeing each and every one of you next year.

Pat
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Everyone needs a break. Good for you ct_hvac_tech.

Post Likes
    What was really funny was that Steve "refertech" worked so hard getting things together when I got hung up with my moving and getting acclaimated to my new job, and then he passes out on Friday night and misses the Harbor cruise

Hey Steve! Did anyone happen to use the term "wimp" to you after that? Wellllllll, they did on the cruise
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    I hit New York City traffic big time.
    Pat
    Yea,they need to build a 100 lane bridge over the entire city...

Post Likes

Thanx for going to the

aquarium with us Pat! Your a class act. See ya next year.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Hey Steve! Did anyone happen to use the term "wimp" to you after that? Wellllllll, they did on the cruise

he is just saying that

what we called you was much worse

Post Likes
    LMAO I caught crap for the rest of the weekend !!

Post Likes
    Hey Pat , sorry to hear about your bad trip home. It was fun ,to say the least, meeting you !! I bet you will never forget the term " What color do you want ? " ! LMAO

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refrtech
    Hey Pat , sorry to hear about your bad trip home. It was fun ,to say the least, meeting you !! I bet you will never forget the term " What color do you want ? " ! LMAO
    It wasn't really a bad trip home, I kind of expected to hit NYC traffic really. I thought abnout leaving Baltimore that evening, but I'm really glad I left early in the morning and had the drive over with before dark.

It was all well worth it. I had an exellent time.

As for the term "What color do you want", you guys embedded that in my memory, I will probably think of you guys every time I hear it from now on! LOL!

I will post some pics as oon as I am up to it, right now my ear is bothering me so bad I can't really do much of anything besides lay around. I may not even be able to go to work tomorrow :-( Going to call the dentist and see if I can beg and plead for him to get me in sooner than next friday, or at least see if there is a miracle pain killer.

Post Likes
    I may not even be able to go to work tomorrow :-( Going to call the dentist and see if I can beg and plead for him to get me in sooner than next friday, or at least see if there is a miracle pain killer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Try a plastic bag over your head, in a while the pain will go away. Just kidding??

Now i'm not kidding, your an OK guy. You got a little nervous and jumpy but once you got used to us ( not an easy thing to do ) you are a nice guy to talk to. My daughter says she hopes your tooth pulling goes well, she's worried for you. I'm looking forward to seeing you at next years convention, but no sooner (only kidding about that last part)

Oh and talking about pictures. How did those nudes of Dice, RoBo, and Beencool come out, post them so everybody can see.

Well get your teeth fixed and relax. Bye
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    I didn't get to talk to Pat very much, nice guy too, even when he tried to sneak that name tag on my back.
    I was hanging out with the older generation, to make em feel better............
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I didn't get to talk to Pat very much, nice guy too, even when he tried to sneak that name tag on my back.
    I was hanging out with the older generation, to make em feel better............
    .... Being grandparents we all are used to wipeing noses and washing patty-paws. But you clean up nice, Edward.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by spotts
    aquarium with us Pat! Your a class act. See ya next year.

I enjoyed hanging out with you & the Mrs, Spotts. You are both good people.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    I may not even be able to go to work tomorrow :-( Going to call the dentist and see if I can beg and plead for him to get me in sooner than next friday, or at least see if there is a miracle pain killer.

Try a plastic bag over your head, in a while the pain will go away. Just kidding??

Now i'm not kidding, your an OK guy. You got a little nervous and jumpy but once you got used to us ( not an easy thing to do ) you are a nice guy to talk to. My daughter says she hopes your tooth pulling goes well, she's worried for you. I'm looking forward to seeing you at next years convention, but no sooner (only kidding about that last part)

Oh and talking about pictures. How did those nudes of Dice, RoBo, and Beencool come out, post them so everybody can see.

Well get your teeth fixed and relax. Bye [/B][/QUOTE]

Went to the dentist today and got a prescription for Vicadin. Seems to help a bit, hopefully it will be at least enough to make things dealable until next Friday.

BTW, your daughter is a sweetheart :-)

Post Likes
    Pat , do I see a love connection for the 27 year old...... well nevermind !!

Post Likes

Pat

Good to meet and talk with you in person at the convention. I'll think about you next time I'm working on a heat pump
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes

Hey Pat.........

What did you call those Vietnamese Flop houses you have to work in again?????? Where they basically just rent a bed? Hell, tell the whole story again if ya don't mind.......
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in