Started own business

Hello all.. I'm a newbie to this forum and glad I found it.
    After 22 years of working for someone else, I've gone out on my own..
    I work in IAQ and HVAC Cleaning business (Yes I can hear it from you guys already) LOL. But I really do enjoy it, and I love meeting and working with new people..
    I have many questions for you guys and I know I will have many in the future.. Looking forward to spending my downtime on this site

So hear we go...my first question
    On HVAC cleaning projects the blower needs to be removed at times. In the past my previous employer expected me to do this work even though I am not an electrician. I do know a lot about AC and DC electrical, but I believe in Washington State that you must have an electrical license?

Also, since I started my own business I want to do everything right.
    I have emailed-called many of the HVAC business in my area asking them to work with me and do these "blower pulls" and even annual service on the furnace at the same time... And no one ever calls or emails me back??
    Do you guys just hate HVAC cleaners or something??

Thanks in advance

Wow no reply as of yet. Learn to pull the blowers yourself. They are not really that hard to do. IF you are required to have electrician remove them.... move to another state (tongue in cheek), ok but really I would think?? you would be able to remove and put back a component not requiring a refrigerant handling certificate without running afoul of the powers that be.
    Saddle Up!

I dont think you have to be a licensed electrician to pull the blower unless all hvac techs there have to be dual licensed. removing the blower is extremely easy in most cases remove a few screws if you have to buy several different colors of electrical tape and remove and mark accordingly. You are seriously making this harder on yourself than it needs to be.

Be sure to invest in a good fan puller. They are a life-saver!

I also keep a pancake compressor on my vehicle works great with a wire brush. NOTE: NEVER NEVER use air to clean blower in house, always take outside and wear a respirator.

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Pacific View Post
    Hello all.. I'm a newbie to this forum and glad I found it.
    After 22 years of working for someone else, I've gone out on my own..
    I work in IAQ and HVAC Cleaning business (Yes I can hear it from you guys already) LOL. But I really do enjoy it, and I love meeting and working with new people..
    I have many questions for you guys and I know I will have many in the future.. Looking forward to spending my downtime on this site

So hear we go...my first question
    On HVAC cleaning projects the blower needs to be removed at times. In the past my previous employer expected me to do this work even though I am not an electrician. I do know a lot about AC and DC electrical, but I believe in Washington State that you must have an electrical license?

Also, since I started my own business I want to do everything right.
    I have emailed-called many of the HVAC business in my area asking them to work with me and do these "blower pulls" and even annual service on the furnace at the same time... And no one ever calls or emails me back??
    Do you guys just hate HVAC cleaners or something??

Thanks in advance
    I imagine in most states if pull the blower assembly you will be violating the state licensing board by not having a proper State Licence. The cleaning of the condensor coils and evap coils are a gray enough area you might slide by without a state HVAC licence.
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.