What makes your day when one of your guys does something?

what would you like to see more of them doing?

Originally posted by R12rules
    What makes your day when one of your guys does something?

what would you like to see more of them doing?
    Well the answer to that is in your signature "serve the Lord"
    I have planted the seeds now my job is done, I will let Dad take over now.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

At our company we have a policy of rewarding a note of graditute.

That is; if a customer take the time to write a note of appreciation for the service that was recieved then the technician or techicians each recieve an instant $25. bonus for "lunch".

The way I look at it is that if the customer takes the time to compliment the guys by writting a note then they deserve this little extra bonus. We hang the notes on the bulletin board.

benncool, That's great! I have received many calls from customers praising some of my techs, but the letter thing would be good also, but I might just do the same with the phone calls also.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

What makes my day...

When for some reason I am out of the office for any amount of time, whether it be an hour, days, weeks, and when I return, all is still running smoothly.

Most of my staff, office and techs have been with me for a while now, and they know that they can ask me for anything, and vise versa, and if its in my power, they get it. After all, it is them, not me that makes the company prosper. As an owner, you can only do so much.

Smile Where I work

There are only about 80 employees. The management has been honest with us through bad times and good. A personal verbal your doing well with your job is good enough for me. Last year I got an operational "Excellance Award". $20 max. value. The wife thought I was smart and I got lucky that night. But one on one with the boss's boss is the key. Roy

I like the fact that my guys can be sent out on a job, measure it up, design the duct, have materials delivered to the job, and just do the whole job!

So for my guys, I got them a trip down the Cataract Canyon on the Colorado river, 4 days, bought them the gear they needed, and will pay them for going!