Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Last time!

Temperature in and out ,at the air hnandler??????

Im with Dash, then I cant believe the number of people hung up on supply air temperature without considering the latent load.

To the OP, you bought a system to cool your home, not give you a specific vent temperature. The higher efficiency units run with a slightly warmer coil thus a slightly higher supply air temperature. Latent load takes away temperature drop, regardless of the efficiency. These coils are larger physicly so they can do the same BTU removal at a warmer coil. Each square inch of coil surface will be warmer, but the amount of square inches is increased.

Pardon my frankness here but, the sooner you get off wanting a specific supply air temperautre and looking for a comfortable setting within your home the better off you will be. Also you can piss on the same temperature setting because the RH is probably not the same, it may be higher or lower and that will affect the comfort level at a given sprcific temperature.

Once you get the home dried out, you may very well see similar temperatures within a degree or two of your previous system.

Sorry, I hadn't replied but been working.

System is still not working like I would like it.

Dash, I finally went to the attic and the air out of the handler is 60degrees. Is this normal anyone? Have given up on techs.

Joe

joe.

need temp into unit, and temp out.

just temp out doesn't tell us anything.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Like I said before, the temp in is 76degrees and out 60 at handler. Vents like 65degrees. Thinking its in the ducts?

Exclamation Missing Links

Originally posted by joe 40
    Like I said before, the temp in is 76 degrees and out 60 at handler. Vents like 65degrees.
    Thinking its in the ducts?
    One missing link provided.

16'F differential is 20% shy of GOOD ( 18'-22').

Another 30% (5' of 16') is being robbed due to
    duct losses.

Call OTHER Techs to:
    1. Check charge
    2. Clean coil
    3. Check total air flow

We can solve poor performance in < 99 more posts.
    Name that Tune! !!

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Like I said before, the temp in is 76degrees and out 60 at handler. Vents like 65degrees. Thinking its in the ducts?
    Joe

If the room thermostat says 76 degrees it does not mean the air going into the cooling coil is 76 degrees.

The return ducts could be picking up heat from leaks or through the insulation, you could also have a fresh air intake.

What is really needed, to judge how your system is working are measurements beyond what you seem capable of taking.

We would need the temperature and humidity level of the air entering and leaving the air handler, and rate at which the air is flowing.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Sorry I haven't been able to answer your questions but the techs were worse than me! They wouldn't answer any questions. Anyway, it's 100 degrees outside and house is a cool 77degrees so I guess I'll just have to be happy with that. Too broke to hire anymore techs!!! I just hope my electric bill won't leave me bankrupt!!

Thanks everyone for all your help and comments.

Joe

What city are you close to? Maybe someone on this board is close to you and can help you out. Put your phone number in your profile or an email address in your profile so someone can contact you.

I also believe you can file a complaint through the State of Texas licensing board on matters such as this. They will make sure people like this are fined and put out of business if not licensed.

they've decided to give me another unit. Same size but 12seer.
    And you are worried about your electric bill? Nah, don't worry, be happy.

Question Pay me Now or Later

Originally posted by madeinusa
    I also believe you can file a complaint through the State of Texas licensing board on matters such as this. They will make sure people like this are fined and put out of business if not licensed.
    Joe,

Shotgun approach ?

Seems like this thread may be discussed through July, 2006.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I know I shouldn't worry but if these techs don't know what they're doing I must find out what's wrong.

Techs left and guess what? They left pressures at
    95-290. They also added extra freon. O.k.
    ===============================
    "They probably should have removed refrigerant!"
    They did not evacuate the system it could have air in the system; also there could be solder restrictions!
    Print the linked page and give them a copy!

http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-shooting-chart.html

=============================
    I know I'm no
    a/c genious but aren't you suppose to (evacuate) vacuum the system a few hours before? Surprise, they didn't!! I also found out from another source(a/c tech) that there is a good chance they could have messed up the compressor. [Doubt that] He told me to ask for a new system but I don't think they will give me one. [Not necessary] I personally want my money back!! It's been three weeks, and system still not working properly. [Your system can be made to work!]

Personally, I think these techs aren't certified or licensed! Wife says they were still wet from crossing the river!!(Rio Grande River) [Ha]

Temp set at 75degrees, but vents only 66degrees. 9 to 10 degrees difference. Please anyone think this is normal?
    NO, that is not normal at that humidity level.
    (Techs left and guess what? They left pressures at
    95-290.) Presures getting way too high after adding charge!

I believe, if it was real hot in the house and the airflow is set too high, they may have seriously overcharged the system when they intalled it. Print - Read my linked page!

http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...e-airflow.html

You may be geting only about a ton and a half to 2 ton from your 3 ton unit!

Print the linked page and request that they charge using those procedures! Darrell

http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    9:40 at night and house is set at 75degrees like they told me to do. It has reached it and it turns on and off, my problem is I know this system is not set up correctly. I almost sure they overcharged it cause of the pressures. Owner of company will come down tommorrow( so he says.) How do I explain to them that even if the house seems cool system is not working correctly.

Can anyone tell me what subcooling is?

I know they have added R-22 like 4 times and not once, not even when they installed it was it vacuumed. Could it have air in the line? (contaminates)

Maybe I'll become an a/c tech after this!!! Sure am learning alot but they think they know more!!!!!!!!
    So why don't they make it work!

Think they'll pay my electric bill?

Thanks for all the input!
    Johnny 5 ALIVE!!
    They should pay the bill!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast