I was wondering what would happen if you were at a store and the cashier found one of your bills to be counterfeit. Would you be able to get reimbursed somehow? The fake bill wasn't your fault so would you still lose out?

Someone told me a while ago that you wouldn't get that money back. I find that hard to believe. What if you had a $100 bill? That's a lot of money to lose when your just an innocent bystander.
    Get back to work.™

Talking

Quit selling drugs. Problem solved
    A bank most likely wont dish out
    counterfits.

I did get a fake 100 dollar bill from my local bank one time - it was caught at a Home Depot when I had a cart full of stuff that I wound up having to leave behind... I was pissed! I went to the bank that gave it to me, and told them about it, and they wanted to see it. I asked them if they would give me another one, and they said no. I figured screw them, they gave it to me, so I kept it until I found an unsuspecting cashier, and got rid of it that way. I work too hard for my money, and that shouldn't have been my fault.

So you just admitted to passing a counterfit $100 bill

sorry I couldn't resist.

I had this happen sold a motorcycle went to the buyers bank got cash, next day I went to deposit in my bank they kept it and gave me a receipt to take off my taxes. big whoop

That's why stores check them, if you got one it's all on you, you are out the dough.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by gibrenob
    I did get a fake 100 dollar bill from my local bank one time - it was caught at a Home Depot when I had a cart full of stuff that I wound up having to leave behind... I was pissed! I went to the bank that gave it to me, and told them about it, and they wanted to see it. I asked them if they would give me another one, and they said no. I figured screw them, they gave it to me, so I kept it until I found an unsuspecting cashier, and got rid of it that way. I work too hard for my money, and that shouldn't have been my fault.
    I did the same exact thing with a bogus twenty years ago. It really is a shame that we have to resort to becoming criminals in this matter, but our government is telling us that there is no protection against our being fooled so all we can do is fool someone else and hope the bill winds up back at a bank where they will take the hit as they should have the first time around.

This is far from the only incident where our government propogates citizens to become criminals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV