Thread: Contact Lens?

Does anyone here wear contact lens while doing this kind of work and if so, are any drawbacks?

ie: sweaty attics,rooftps.
    Thanks,Fred

You may want to get a pair of glasses for work. I tried contacts but after the first day I switched back. I was having a problem seeing what I was working on due to the sweat getting into my eyes and blurring up the lenses.

I wear contacts to work everyday.

I wear soft disposable. I've recently switched to the Acuvue Hydroclear lenses. Much better than any previous ones I've used. I don't wear them while sleeping.

I can't say I encounter any drawbacks from wearing them at work. I sweat, get into insulation, sawdust, everything you can in new construction. I've had no problems.
    Get back to work.™

Originally posted by square2round
    I wear contacts to work everyday.

I wear soft disposable. I've recently switched to the Acuvue Hydroclear lenses. Much better than any previous ones I've used. I don't wear them while sleeping.

I can't say I encounter any drawbacks from wearing them at work. I sweat, get into insulation, sawdust, everything you can in new construction. I've had no problems.

DITTO!!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I used to wear contacts, tried all the different ones, but with refrigerant oils, and staring at wiring diagrams, caused my contacts to pop out!

Tried glasses but they made everything too dark. Then the sweat on them always made them dirty. Hated that!

So I got LASIK its been about 3 months, and its been the best $2500 I ever spent, and would of paid twice as much.

Nothing better than perfect vision!

Contact Lens?

Thanks for the respones. It is helpful to have the benefit of others experiences. Perhaps I will just stick with the magnifiers, until I am forced to change.
    Thanks again, Fred

Originally posted by cool-blew
    So I got LASIK its been about 3 months, and its been the best $2500 I ever spent, and would of paid twice as much.

Nothing better than perfect vision!
    I would get that done if I could. I wear bifocals and I guess they can only correct near-sightedness with the operation. That being the case then I would still need glasses to drive etc. I did go talk to them about it though