Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    whatever.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

hvac r us 2,

Please give some references on your drier info. This is very interesting. I have never heard of this before. The sporlan driers that have a HH after them are designed for high acid and quite possibly will become acidic if left in. But to tell me that buying a regular sporlan suction line drier and installing it for long term will cause acid I have never heard of this. Please give me some reading material to back this up. I need to know this stuff because I get contractors asking technical questions quite frequently.

Definately don't leave the suction drier in. I was thinking only one suction drier would do the job, and if it doesn't, just change the liquid drier until clean up is finished.

Why do a lot of refrigeration CUs come with suction driers behind (down stream) from the suction service valve?

I finally gave them the ok today after seeing the new unit. It is damaged pretty bad but all my sheet metal will make it like new. The problem is though the post that has the new serial number on it is smashed, so they will need to use mine and just cut out the serial number plate and rivit on so I get a newer serial. The condensor has a good sized gash from the fan blade in it but it is on the inside and none of the copper tubes got touched. The way i put it, it has to be better than the acid rich one I have now.

I will be paying for the rest.

$75 for lineset
    $250 for coil
    $50 for TXV

$375 total (Not to bad)

They will have it finished tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Good luck,Carrier Dan.
    Let me just say,that any posts on this subject....
    Whether from the homeowner or the guys on this site...
    Are pretty much hearsay....
    And ignorance,from the replies that i have read.
    I will say this once, so pay attention...
    No one can diagnose a system thoroughly without first surveying the system,this includes the specified equipment,ductwork,line voltage,control wiring,etc.etc.etc.
    How can anyone post a reply to the scenario that was presented online without knowing all the facts and actually laying hands on this unit is beyond me...
    There are many technical scenarios that could play a part in this homeowners unfortunate situation...
    Was it the contractors fault?
    Was it a manufacturers defect?
    Power company line surge?
    Lightning?

Answer...
    We simply don't know.....

In ending...
    This may be a pissing contest to some of you....
    But by diagnosing problems without first surveying the situation you are displaying blatant stupidity...
    As well as negligence....
    The only reward you have is an inflated ego.....
    Honestly,how many of you logged on the next day with hopes of finding a reply post praising you for your diagnosis..

If you want to give away free advice,please feel free...
    But at least have the dignity to take the call.....
    Gas up your van,get out your tools,diagnose the problem...
    And take the heat,when you make a mistake.....
    If you actually made a mistake......
    At least you could honestly say,I made a mistake....
    Let me make it right......

And not be second guessed by some unknown tech on the net that doesn't have to own up to there answers...
    Or so called internet diagnosis....

tech definatly at fault by pushing both contactors in at same time. Never let 18 yr old work on system. carrier dan needs to be pissed because company that installed unit can't keep employees because thay don't pay them enough and they treat them bad. thats why 18 yr old troubleshootin unit. Home owner should go to competition to finish job under warranty.How you pucks like me now!

Why would you pay anything if the unit was defective and installed within the warranty period (absent owner misuse)?

Originally posted by carrierdan
    I finally gave them the ok today after seeing the new unit. It is damaged pretty bad but all my sheet metal will make it like new. The problem is though the post that has the new serial number on it is smashed, so they will need to use mine and just cut out the serial number plate and rivit on so I get a newer serial. The condensor has a good sized gash from the fan blade in it but it is on the inside and none of the copper tubes got touched. The way i put it, it has to be better than the acid rich one I have now.

I will be paying for the rest.

$75 for lineset
    $250 for coil
    $50 for TXV

$375 total (Not to bad)

They will have it finished tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by twotwo
    tech definatly at fault by pushing both contactors in at same time. Never let 18 yr old work on system. carrier dan needs to be pissed because company that installed unit can't keep employees because thay don't pay them enough and they treat them bad. thats why 18 yr old troubleshootin unit. Home owner should go to competition to finish job under warranty.How you pucks like me now!
    this is one of the most obsurd coments ever
    yes the tech made a mistake and i am sure he will think twice before doing it again. this is sorry to say how you learn sometimes by making dumb mistakes. to not let an 18 or 19 year old check or troubleshoot is lust plain wrong. we all started somewhere and all learned from there. this kid may be top notch and be realy good at what he does. he may also be a strong learner. we assume he made a mistake by what was told to us here by the ho. the fact he still works for this contractor says something for him. if he in fact pushed in both contactors then he screwed up. we all have at some point or another. my hat is still off to him for tring and not tryting to hide his screw up
    glade it all worked out for everyone

The first companty I worked for, the one owners son by the time he was 18, had 10 years experience under his belt, he rode with his dad and uncle every summer, and weekends all winter. He knew more then the guys in their 30's.

Its not age, its education and experience.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I agree we all start somewhere. I hope this contractor makes it right for you. I know for a fact that this service guy learned a good lesson just like I did when I wired up a 240v condensor to the circuit panel and was not thinking clearly. I wired the black wire to the breaker and the white to the ground buss bar(110v)and never verified it worked before I left. Flipped breaked on and left. It was a reconnect job and I never told the homeowner I wasn't done. Next day the condensor fan motor was fried and the contactor points burned off. Luckily no compressor damage.

Red face

Well today they got everything installed and the vacuum pump on. I asked them if they could let it vacuum all night,(he did say he would let it vacuum however long I wanted earlier in our dispute) and he got a little lippy with me. I reminded him that he did offer it before and he needs to stick to his word. He finally gave in. So tomorrow we will find out how it works. He installed the micron guage near the TXV so it would be indoors and then put the vac pump outside. He told me if I lay a hand on any of it, I bought it. I then gave him my word I have no reason to touch his stuff at this point.

I will keep you posted on what happens.

Man 75 replies purge the thing with R-22 and beer can cold the charge and your done! like I wished this thread was.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by mrbillpro
    Man 75 replies purge the thing with R-22 and beer can cold the charge and your done! like I wished this thread was.
    Come on...This is a very entertaining thread!!!
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast