Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    If your getting a new linset andindoor coil, it seems strange to use the old txv, I'd get a new one.

But I wouldn't want a new condenser with coil tubes that were damaged by the fan blade.

If its just acouple fins, ok.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah there is no excuse that it needs even one part, but...it is mechanical, things happen. I have a new truck, less than two months old, you know what? Recall already. Things happen that are out of everyones control. Sometimes you just have to smile, and get on with life.

I hope the contractor takes good care of you, and gets your system working the way it should.

Good luck.

A TXV is not that expensive, its only like $40. I think yours takes a KSATX0301PUR (I think?). Look closely at the fins, see if there is any damage to the copper tubes, if there is, don't bother with it.

Originally posted by beenthere
    Originally posted by pjs
    I think that compressor was on it's way out long before that 18 yr old "service puke" put his fingers in there.And you know it.

Here's what caused the burn out
    Quote "All last year unit worked well. A few weeks ago the compressor had a hard time starting on 2nd stage, it would dim the lights, hum and sometimes do this several times before it would kick on"

You mean to tell us he caused the burn out by pushing in the contactor, how long did he hold it in 20 minutes??, nah more like a couple a seconds huh. He just served up the coup de gra^ce, and you are wrong for trying to get a new unit out of that company. And the guys who are jumping up and down saying hang'em you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Are you familair witht the Bristol TS compressor?

The tech pushed in both contactors at the same time, not just one.
    Obviously we are not communicating here let me say it AGAIN in plain language for you I know the 18 yr old "service puke did the final kill that was obvious, what I am saying is we only have one side of the story, carriedan's side.

but I am seeing thru the whole thing as you are not!!

Could it have been possible for the HOME to be experiencing a brown out or low voltage condition or for the start cap or the start relay or the time delay in the board or the pressures equalizing shall keep going,[/B] to be failing for several weeks BEFORE mrcarrierdan called the "service pukes"and thereby heating up the windings causing the REFRIGERANT / OIL ACID CONDITION.

it sure as hell can!!!!

AS he[carrierdan] stated and I will repost the QUOTE from mr carrierdan

QUOTE"A few weeks ago the compressor had a hard time starting on 2nd stage, it would dim the lights, hum and sometimes do this several times before it would kick on. So I called up the service puke's to take a look at it.They found the capacitor start system was blown up all over the electrical cabinet.

The kid, who was probably too young and inexperienced for the job MISTAKENLY PUSHED in Both contactors [ most likely thinking he's cool cause he seen someone else push in a contactor ] Thereby serving a "coup de gra^ce" a killing blow, a decisive blow Yep he did it the KILLING blow. BUT the sunof***** was PROBABLY 90% DEAD w/ an ACID condition.

Yep the kid killed it!!!!! But it was already DOOMED

Obviously there was a problem that lasted for several weeks.

SOOOO did mr carrierdan SUPERVISE the ORIGINAL install suppose mr carrierdan superviser said " no just leave the existing coil and the txv" thereby saving himself a baaazzillion dollars from the "service pukes" who are trying to rip him off and he's sure of it. Hell we don't even know who was the original installation company at this point do we??.

So the old adage goes "not enough information" mr.carrierdan

We all make mistakes well except for a few mighty er than thou types

beenthere.............. I think you jumped in before you thought it thru or read it and comprehended it.

sal............ I think you may be in over your head of course we need good supply house guys though

tinnocker what can I say You are from Toms River N.J.

lynn........... I'am disappointed I thought you would have read thru this, and answered typically with finesse as usual. I'll give you this one as a slight lapse in judgement

carrierdan....... I think you are trying to get Something For Nothing I call that SFN we see it all the time and I have no time for these types. And like the Buyer's Remorse type, And there is there is always the "You broke my POS now I want a new one, I call that "you drove down my street" long funny story but I am sure all the service puke contractors could relate.

The "service puke" company should probably replace the compressor at cost because the kid broke it, even though I think he just put it out of it's misery.

And you carrierdan should pay for the rest if you want it coil, txv and lineset.

Now here is a question for the hvac compressor intellects on here
    ... How long would the kid have to hold in the contactor for the refrigerant to show acid 5 seconds 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

Now how long do you think he the 18 yr old "service puke" held in that contactor. 10 seconds or 10 minutes

Now carrierdan what is the rest of the story

I for one would like to hear the other side BEFORE I condemn someone. And I Am talking about the contractor not the kid you guy's already hung that "service puke"

[Edited by pjs on 08-23-2005 at 09:01 PM]

PJS,

No where did he say he waited a few weeks to call.
    They came out and found and repaired the problem.

Then talked him in to the Inffinity control, and it worked great.
    Then it stopped because the outdoor control board went bad due to cap fluid.

The young tech replaced it, but didn't wait for the time delay, he blew it when he pushed both contactors in.

I had the start kit go out in a Stealth, it used the TS compressor, its been running fine for 2 years now.(It did the same as the OP said his was).

The TS compressor doesn't require the system to equalize.

Don't know about carriers txv, but York uses a balanced txv, nonbleed, so the pressures never equalize when it goes from first stage to second.
    Contractor locator map

And nowhere it doesn't say he didn't it does say "a few weeks ago" somehow I think he let it run this way BUT WE DON'T KNOW do we

The Pressure equalizing I was refering to was the txv not equalizing think that's possible.??

So you are saying the kid caused the Acid Burn Out, just how long did he hold in that contactor, oh I forgot you wern't there were you?
    If a systems oil BURNS and turns Acid in a couple of seconds I think we would be replacing alot more compressors

face it you jumped

hang'em kick'em in the nuts burn'em at the stake sue'em You deserve a new coil and lineset and txv How about a new condensor pad,

get real when this kinda SFN hits your company I bet you cry like a spanked baby.

I dont think that this is the only Carrier equipment with that problem. We have had a severe problem with the 38ydb's doing the same thing. The seem the have a problem with the start relay/ capacitor assemblys when they try to go into 2nd stage. It is easy to diagnose because the Carrier equipment gives you the 6 flash code on the outdoor unit defrost board, that is the carrier code for the compressor internal overload. Maybe you should find a more qualified company to work on your equipment!!!

PJS, I think the control board can see a low voltage problem. I think there is a fault code. But the low voltage is still real high. Must read back EMF from the unused windings or something. I could be really off here. I work for a Lennox dealer now and just missed all this Infinity stuff. But I've seen at least two Carrier dual capicity units. I installed one. I've also seen a Bryant while at the Lennox dealer. Another Tech was working on it and needed help. This is where we learned of the board seeing voltage problems. Someone help me out here if I'm wrong.

One thing we know from the original post is his attitude toward "us" in general. Maybe if I hadn't had the oppertunity to work with a 22 year old knucklehead that would do something like that I'd feel different. I myself have destroyed equipment due to not paying attention to details.

I've also dealt with the Dan type. And in most cases they make themselve look foolish in a professional's eyes. Here is the real question, If Dan was supervising, then isn't Dan soley responsible for the problem? Does that not fall to Supervisory Responsibiliy? Think about it Dan. Maybe if you were not supervising so closely then the young tech might not of felt pressure to take a short cut. It take considerable amount of maturity and confidence to do our jobs while we are being watched. Some of us don't mind most of the time, but dealing with a complicated system I would rather be alone.

And as far as my judgement, it lapses all the time.

lynn

you always prove youself to be a standup guy

Originally posted by pjs

The Pressure equalizing I was refering to was the txv not equalizing think that's possible.??

The txv doesn't need to bleed or equalize, the TS with its start componets is designed to start against a non equalized system.

So you are saying the kid caused the Acid Burn Out, just how long did he hold in that contactor, oh I forgot you wern't there were you?

If a systems oil BURNS and turns Acid in a couple of seconds I think we would be replacing alot more compressors

He put the cap in circuit with the run and start windings at the same time, it would take less then 5 secs to burn it, Thats according to York, the company that owns Bristol.

face it you jumped

I wasn't there ( at this guys house) but I was at 2 classes for the TS systems.

get real when this kinda SFN hits your company I bet you cry like a spanked baby.

You mean like when some body cross threaded a txv on a coil, so we had to change it out for free, or we ate a 450 dollar mixing valve repair kit because the tech didn't read the instructions first.

I don't cry over spilled milk.
    Contractor locator map

Maybe those contactors should be interlocked so this can't happen. I wounder if it is covered by warranty? I personally think a compressor and a few driers would take care of the problem, but if Dan wants new stuff and is willing to pay for it, what's the problem?

As far as the outside unit, if it would be covered by warranty, can't the contractor make a deal and pay only the differance between the unit and compressor? Just an idea. But installing a CU is quicker than a compressor and would save labor.

Smile

hey i did say we all make mistakes
    i think this has been blown way out of praportion. the compressor smoked this is a fact. the tech did through the final blow and we agree on that to. calling him a service puke was totaly uncalled for and we all know that also.
    this ho as far as i am concerned is jumpimg into a nightmare with this damaged unit. for the life of me i dont see why either. blow the system out with nitro clean the system up as good as possible. install a suction line dryer and a new liquid line dryer and replace the compressor. a month later replace the suction dryer.
    and do an acid test on the system at that time. next spring remove the dryer and enjoy your ac for the life of the system. all of this should be on the contractor.
    take a damaged unit rebuild it replace the coil but not txv. replace the lineset wtf is going on here. has everyone involved lost thier minds. the young tech made a mistake and i am sure he learned a big lesson to. now to compound it everyone else is just following is his foot steps. ho and his boss
    look simply put and listen close
    replace the compressor, leave the guy alone to do his job
    and then go have a couple beers and enjoy your ac

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast