All last year unit worked well. A few weeks ago the compressor had a hard time starting on 2nd stage, it would dim the lights, hum and sometimes do this several times before it would kick on. So I called up the service puke's to take a look at it. They found the capacitor start system was blown up all over the electrical cabinet. They installed a new start system, and then recommended me to get a infinity thermostat. I told them sure. After installing this stat, the unit worked PERFECT for about 3 days. Then I got a critical malfunction on the stat saying something about the outdoor unit again. They sent out a young tech, maybe 18yrs old at best and with all the money wrapped up in this system I decided I better supervise. Sure enough he the board had some acid on it from the old start pack and there were black burn marks in certain spots so he changed it out. Here comes the good part, after the new board was installed for no reason whatsoever, he manually presses both contactors in and a few seconds later out comes a cloud of smoke from the compressor terminal box along with a loud hum from the compressor. He looked at me and said looks like you have some wiring problems. I said back it looks like you need to learn how a reverse rotation compressor works.
Needless to say I knew the compressor is toast at this point and called the company to send out a senior tech that actually knows what is going on. So next day he sends out an older guy and he installed a new compressor wiring harness and this time let the system pull the contactor in. Nothing, now the board flashes a code to him about a compressor trip fault. I told him what the other tech did and he slugged it off like he didn't do anything wrong. He then stated I must have some low voltage conditions that cause the failure. He said he would get a compressor coming and see if that does the trick.
I called the company and asked if I could have a new unit and all hell broke loose. What should I do at this point? Isn't the oil contaminated with acid?