Thread: Superheat

Is it common practice to check SH at the evap.with the fans off. I can remember an old timmer used to do it that way. any comments?

That's BAD practice.

To funny.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Thata my thoughts too.

some ol farts here will remember placing used filter driers inside their oven at home, to dry them out and re-use them on another job!

Some will remember using a fractional horse compressor to evacuate systems prior to charging.

Originally posted by R12rules
    some ol farts here will remember placing used filter driers inside their oven at home, to dry them out and re-use them on another job!

Some will remember using a fractional horse compressor to evacuate systems prior to charging.
    NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT !! An electric oven will do a heck of a job, I advise against microwaves!

Originally posted by hvacpope
    Originally posted by R12rules

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT !! An electric oven will do a heck of a job, I advise against microwaves!

Better go to the last paragraph of the following article before you attempt to reactivate a drier.

http://www.bacharach-training.com/norm/desiccants.htm

In the 80's GE had in their service literature on domestic refrigerators to use the compressor to evacuate the system when changing out the compressor. No lie, I saw dozens of the service bulletins. I myself always opted for the vacuum pump and thermistor vacuum guage.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...