Post Likes

york model# H1DA030S06 dose not exist?

I was trying to find what ton and seer unit I have to make a decision on a upgrade but I cant find any information from this model number H1DA030S06 , any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    looks like a 2.5 ton unit based on that model #. who cares about the seer, if it works, just replacing it for a higher seer unless you live where you run the unit all year long i dont see you saving much $ by just throwing away a good unit if it still works. better to invest in new windows or doors for energy savings. just my opinion.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion, the reason I was thinking of replacing the unit is because my cooling fins for my condensor are falling apart I can run my finger across them and they just turn to dust in one spot, I think my dog has been pissing on it for several years and is corroding the fins. Maybe I'm wrong though I'm not a hvac guy.

Post Likes
    After your done beating your dog for killing your AC

Might want to contact a few companies in your area that your neighbors, family and friends recommends and get an estimate on a replacement

Post Likes
    lol, I blame myself for not knowing pee was so harmful to the unit, oh well live and learn. I will make sure to build a fence around the new one. I will talk to some local guys and get some estimates. thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    After your done beating your dog for killing your AC

watch your mouth
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aftonr View Post
    lol, I blame myself for not knowing pee was so harmful to the unit, oh well live and learn. I will make sure to build a fence around the new one. I will talk to some local guys and get some estimates. thanks!
    You would surprised as to how corrosive "Pee" is...

Build a fence or trade that thing in for cat and a litter box

Good luck !!!

Post Likes
    You get same situation when these people come in and use acid to clean the coils. they see all smoke and are like wow, look at all crap its cleaning off the coils, to bad those people need some more educating and are melting the dam metal right off the unit. Having brittle fins from dog piss may cause the unit to run higher than normal pressures and make unit run lil higher than normal amps but i dont see it worth replacing unless its not working or needs repairs. You have learned that dogs dont only like fire hydrants.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aftonr View Post
    I was trying to find what ton and seer unit I have to make a decision on a upgrade but I cant find any information from this model number H1DA030S06 , any help would be appreciated.
    2.5 Ton 10 SEER
    208/240 volt single phase
    built late 90"s early 2000's