Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier advice

It's possible that he is very busy in this hot season and he somehow overlooked this. I called him over a week ago and told him I wanted to go with his proposal and he said he would call me back at the end of the week to set up a time. The day came and he did not. I call and leave a msg. on his voice mail reminding him. No call back. Up to that point he gave no indication that he was reluctant to do it. Now there was a 'no interest for 12 months offer' on this, which is one of the reasons, although not a showstopper, for picking him other than the brand name. Perhaps he doesn't want to do that? Though he gets paid by the bank..
    Maybe he feels he bid too low, which is not true since it is comparable to other bids I got. I thought of calling once more, but then I keep thinking that perhaps I should not go with one who is (1) not eager to get my business or (2) keeps very sloppy records.

I have a written bid which I perhaps should have accepted and mailed. It's beyond the 30 day limit now. I am not going to make any trouble or bad mouth him to anyone, he has a good reputation in these parts. It's still puzzling..

If I were a dealer I would keep an electronic record of proposals on some kind of system that will show the age and remind me perhaps to call the HO to see if he/she have made up their mind. Only one salesman did that, because I think he realized that he had 'juiced' it up a bit. When he made the bid he said something about 'talking to the boss' if I got another bid that was better. I told him that I do not bargain and I consider each bid as being professionally and fairly arrived at and I take them asis. What do you guys think? Thanks.

[Edited by gmahler on 08-24-2005 at 07:42 AM]

HeatPump guru: What does the Thermidistat do over and above the reg. programmable. I've decided on the 14 SEER with variable speed. It includes a Thermidistat. Does that control a humidifier if installed (don't have one, and not planning to)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12