Thread: Tracker comm4-5

I have a Tacker to start up. Have 7 RTU with rilitel?? also 2 units with zone dampers.

The install guys wired the com line from the main Tracker panel to the 1st Zone panel. That parts ok I can see the panel. Then they go out on comm 4 to all the zone dampers. that part looks ok to me. Then they go on comm 4 off the last zone damper to all the RTU's. that does not seem right to me.I would think they would have to go on the main comm line back to the main Tracker panel. I can not see anything other than the 1st zone panel.

This contractor claims to have done a lot of work for Trane. They say they wire like this all the time and the problem in mine. What do you think?

Should be wired Comm 5 from Tracker to CCP's then to stand-alone RTU's via daisey chain with termination resistor.( No specific order needed )
    From CCP's daisey chain all zone dampers, bypass damper and the associated RTU for that panel.

Basicly you have to different types of comm with this system, what a great idea that is......not.

This is assuming that this is the new Tracker with touch screen.

Thanks

That is what I have been telling the installing contractor. The 2 comm lines are the problem. I will go out tomorrow and wire is as you say. I think that will correct the problem. The IOM was not clear on comm 4 and 5.

"I would think they would have to go on the main comm line back to the main Tracker panel. I can not see anything other than the 1st zone panel."

No, the wire on the Comm 5 network Does not go back to the main panel. It is terminated at the last Comm 5 device with a 105 Ohm resister.

If your rooftops have LCI cards in them the Comm 5 runs from the Main panel, to the CCP, to all rooftops (units with no VAV boxes) and is terminated at the last unit.

The Comm 4 only runs from the CCP to the VAV boxes, bypass control.

You may want to ask the installing company to had over the books that came with the system. As with all systems you cannot start the system with out knowing about it first. You may end up eating alot of controls. The Comm 4 is "polarity sensitive" the Comm 5 is not.

Good luck hope this helps

Core

well it looks like we got the comm 4 and comm 5 wired properly. Now I see all the RTU's and the 2 zone panels. One zone panel did not pick up all of the dampers. I will be back in the AM to find out why. The addresses look corect and the damper and stat are powered.

Thanks for the help.

Check for polarity or a short in the comm link.

Good luck, comm problems are a pain