Kids Birthday party tommorow. We have both at the same time. This AM, we the parent unit got up early and went shopping for the event, such as food, pop and gifts. I must admit, we decided on Wally World for the pop and chips. Sorry.

In the back of the store in the Electronics department was a wall of local fallen heroes with their military picture from Afghanistan and Iraq.

I was trained as a soldier first before I ever considered anything else when I became an adult. US Army Combat Engineer. I am a proud veteran. I was sitting there in a trance looking at these young faces.

I got back in the Truck and was almost in Tears and the wife asks whats wrong. I just said, "I can't do enough".

Those young men and women and all the young adults across the country are Mother friggin heroes if you ask me.

Keeping the dream alive.

Hold fast.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Hey, D's. I'm with ya.

I was at a home of a company commander at Parris Island this morning. I arrived there about 15 minutes before he got home from a meeting. His wife and I talked and she said there are about 600 men & women graduating this coming Friday. She told me almost that many graduate each week. Taking into account that the military is all volunteer and we are at war, I'd say we have a whole generation of heroes who are willing to stand in the gap.

God bless each and every one of them.

Thanks for serving, D's.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club