Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    From what I understand from mexicans is that it is not that easy to imigrate from mexico. From what they tell me down there the system is so corrupt that it is not worth saving. I think the only thing that will save mexico is education and minimum wage laws. Many of the families down there are large and the kids must go find work to help feed the family. The stories many of them tell are sad to say the least.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

dpatty

Do you think that the mexican system is any more corrupt than ours. We just have more money than they do.
    And whose fault is it that they have large families - especially when the situation is so bad - who would want children to be born into that?? Seems a familiar senario, doesn't it??

Seems that everyone thinks that someone else should take care of them - with no responsibility for theirselves.

Sadly;
    Richard

2 Illegal Immigrants Win Arizona Ranch in Court

just a great example of why the left should not have anything to do with handing down justice in this country.

Un friggin beleieveable. They should have dropped them cold dead like a deer.

Originally posted by dpatty
    .......Many of the families down there are large and the kids must go find work to help feed the family.....
    Why in the F@*& do you have a large family if you CANNOT afford it?!!!!
    I have NO sympathy for stupidity

Just another fine example of how screwed up this country is getting.

Holy cow! 500,000 of them captured in Tucson and Yuma alone since Oct. 1!

Why don't we just buy Mexico for $20 bucks and a few horses and a blanket or 2 and make it another state??

Originally posted by mattm
    Why don't we just buy Mexico for $20 bucks and a few horses and a blanket or 2 and make it another state??
    Then draft them and send them to Iraq to fight in the war. IT WORKS FOR ME. Their real good at invading other countries from what I see, we dont even need to train them. Oh and when we leave Irag we can just leave them there being we will be paying for that country forever too.

[Edited by dec on 08-24-2005 at 04:30 PM]

Well, we could put a minefield @ the border. Then sit back & watch the body parts fly!
    WHY?

Well I am of Mexican descent, 1st gen here. Besides the typical babble spewn here, I'll respond to the statement that legal immigration is easier than illegal immigration. It may seem that way on paper but it's not.

One needs an established company to issue a letter of confirmation of employment for a certain amount of time (so they do not stay here to work). Which is hard in some cases because a lot of the work is agricultural, or if you speak your mind in a mfg plant you are fired.

One needs an established bank account. It has to be a mature account with a considerable amount of funds in there. Most make enough to survive and a Gansito bread for the kids.

That is without the "contribution" some officers will outright ask for. The ones illegaly crossing are not these type of people, they are campesinos with little to their name.

I seriously don't know where I stand on this. On one side illegal immigration spawns violent gangs that rob and abuse the migrant and a whole mess of other problems. I have also seen the good that 'green' money has built in my parents hometowns.

And of course I'm very grateful for my parents illegaly coming here 30 years ago.

bornriding

There system is far more corrupt than ours. It sounded like you think I believe we should do more to make it easier for the illegals to get across but your wrong. Personally I thhink we should lock the border down and the mexicans will eventually have to fix there problems.

One thing I believe would help Mexico more than anything is if they instituted a minimum wage. If the USA really wanted to help then we could stop all trade between Mexico and the US until it is done.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast