Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

We should have a free shuttle , snack bar , and sleeping quarters in between here and there.
    I'm ashamed to be an American .

Senior Tech Guest
    Shows the desperation of a very poor country with people who will sacrifice everything for even a small chance at the american dream. I don't believe anyone is pointing fingers here but just trying to highlight a very desperate situation, it's horrible what happens to these people and we should all be very grateful for what we have.

Originally posted by senior tech
    Shows the desperation of a very poor country with people who will sacrifice everything for even a small chance at the american dream.
    Little do they know, in 15 years they will have the same life as they did in mexico. the government will eventually take thier houses by eminant domain for "public" development, and the greedy corporations are just going to turn it into a third world country anyway.

Next thing you know, they (the immigrants) will be headed for canada or india, they might have a better chance of finding a job there.

Hell I vote for free bussing of them to Canada or India now. In fact being the airlines are in trouble.....give them a plane ticket first class. Let them get on their welfare system and have their babies there so they are citizens there. No matter what anyone thinks ....we can't pay for saving everybody while the other countries just set back and watch. In fact bring them here , give them some Viox and then give them a lawyer to sue MERK pharmaceuticals. Award them the case , give them each a quarter Billion dollars and at point they may go home. YeP as valatity devats says....... America, waaattttaaaa country .

ya ... I know it was not devats but the comeidian but what the heck basketball player, comeidian their both Russian lol

[Edited by dec on 08-20-2005 at 12:17 PM]

Yea well, my daughter was almost killed by a drunk mexican, without papers, driving an uninsured vehicle, with no drivers license.
    We had over $20,000.00 in medical bills - the guy spent two nights in jail and is now gone - excuse me if I don't feel too bad for the immigrants coming into this country - As if my tax dollars are not already paying for too many sorry people that think the government will take care of them.
    I do feel sorry for the people who have it so bad that it is worth dying for a chance for a better life.

I blame employers who put these people to work for less than we would get paid - like the chicken plant here - or the farmers in the west, where I have seen many immigrants working.

I think the best solution would be to set up even more obstacles with the help of the natural ones, like the heat and vast openess. Like concertina wire, more rattelsnakes, huge trenches, landmines, boobytraps ect. Make it tougher you know. And if anyone makes it by foot, well then we shake his hand and give him his green card. The kind of course I am thinking of, well, if they make it, they were smart enough and tough enough. He or she would become a US citizen and we would have respect for them.

Alot of those people think they will have it so much better here, when it's really not that bad there. Okay so you live poor in Meckhico, or live in East LA dodging bullets and drugs and poverty the same. Who is lying to these people?

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by bornriding
    Yea well, my daughter was almost killed by a drunk mexican, without papers, driving an uninsured vehicle, with no drivers license.
    We had over $20,000.00 in medical bills - the guy spent two nights in jail and is now gone - excuse me if I don't feel too bad for the immigrants coming into this country - As if my tax dollars are not already paying for too many sorry people that think the government will take care of them.
    I do feel sorry for the people who have it so bad that it is worth dying for a chance for a better life.

I blame employers who put these people to work for less than we would get paid - like the chicken plant here - or the farmers in the west, where I have seen many immigrants working.
    Could have just as easily been a drunk american, however I sympathize with you as I have also had people close to me who have been victims of drunk drivers. My comments are not written as words to ire anyone...I just plain and simply sympathize also with those who die seeking out the american dream. What I don't agree with is the "aura" I seem to feel on this thread that we are somehow better than them. Whatever happened to "All men are created equal".

Senior Tech.

Not sure what you know about imigration, and I am no expert, but, it is actually easier to properly imigrate from Mexico to the US legally than break our laws doing it the hard way.

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by Dowadudda
    Senior Tech.

Not sure what you know about imigration, and I am no expert, but, it is actually easier to properly imigrate from Mexico to the US legally than break our laws doing it the hard way.
    I agree.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dowadudda
    tougher you know. And if anyone makes it by foot, well then we shake his hand and give him his green card.

after you have sprinkled anthrax on it. lol ok so thats a little drastic.

I was watching a show last night and they were talking about how a huge percentage of the illegal alians have no intention of coming here to work . There is so much more money in drug traficing and robbing people ....why work for it? Its a mess but I think the more high profile it gets the more the politicens will have to deal with it. They want the illegals votes, but they still have to protect their votes from us.

1900 miles of border with Mexico ... and most illegal crossings are being run thru the desert in AZ.

In a nation with 300 mil Citizens .... it sounds to me like there simply is NOT enough interest in keeping that border patrolled!

We have plenty of ex-military who are un-employed or under employed ... people who dont mind a little hard work and know how to hunt.

They could do the job.

During the depression in this country, our government put people to work.

There was the WPA and the CCC and probably others.

Public work projects building and repairing public parks, roads, bridges, etc.
    Why cant Mexico do the same for their own people?

They act like a third world nation yet they are with oil. So where does the problem lay?
    Leadership. Plain & simple.

Poor leadership.

It's corrupt.

I'm kinda surprised our own government hasnt rigged their elections and substituted their own, (our own?) man to the various offices of high level government.

& dont for one minute think we dont do stuff like that.

Just look at Panama. We carved that piece of land right out from between two other contries and made "Panama" out of the leftovers.
    And then, to show how stupid some people can become ... we turned the canal over to "others" to operate.

That holds right up there will selling off Lost Angeles harbor to the Chineese.

Right up there with the military base closures we did during Clinton's time in office.

For as great a nation as we are and as fine a people as we have ... we sure do some pretty dumb moves ... on a regular basis.
    BIG ONE'S too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast