Thread: old york rtu

old york rtu

hi all again for the life of me i dont know how u guys find the manuals and wiring diagrams online but i can not find anything, need help again with a york unit, M# d1ss240g26558epb s#newm258729, need wiring diagrams, these units are a nightmare, i got 4 of these and someone must have ripped all the diagrams out.

anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by redwhitekat View Post
    , need help again with a york unit, M# d1ss240g26558epb
    I have exhausted my files and resources and can't find a wiring diagram for the D1SS. All I can find is info on the unit dimensions and some basic electrical data.

Sorry and good luck.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Those are really old units. I do not have the wiring diagram, but they are very simple to trace out. Just start at the control wiring and trace each wire back to the relay or contactor it controls.
    What problems are you having? There is a evaporator stat in the return air section. If you remove the roof, you can see most of all the wiring.
    good luck

well i have 4 of these and 3 of them have some problems, their a pain to trace out specially the condensor wires, found one with 2 blown fuses in the compressor section, replaced them no i have 2 of the 3 condensor fans runing slowly, one backwards one the right direction, so im guessing someone messed with the wiring, other unit jumper out cooling, here the relay energize on that big board, but nothing kicks in, also need to know what controls the closest condensor fan motor to the compressor, as the other 2 motors are on a 2 pole contactor.

old york

these units have 3 fans on top with a rectangular cage ,and are the filters are odd size .i had my distributor look up unit by compressor tag ,my unit had original compressor ,i believe 2 fans run continiously and 3rd fan by low ambient switch .If same unit all wires run into little one inch channel and are all black ,they are labeled .I had to run new wiring ,to all fans ,time consuming other company condemed unit.good luck