Hybrid View

MCQUAY WSHP PROBLEM

I need some help. This is my first wshp ive worked on. the problem is the unit cuts on for about 30 seconds then shuts off like its tripping pressure switch. i checked the normal things high pressure switch, low pressure switch. i call tech support for help and according to them the board is indacating low temp switch which i bypassed. same problem still. installers did not leave manual for unit so i cant determine what the diagnostic code is on the board. yellow led flashing rapidly non stop. if anyone could help me i appreicate it. i need to have unit running in morning.model# is fcu060blfr

How's the water flow through the heat exchanger?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

I see one post has been deleted for DIY. Are you in the trade ?

Yellow flashing light on Mcquay WSHP is low temp. Is it tripping in heating or cooling ?

its in cooling mode and yes ive been a tech for 3 years this is just my first wshp

Check the sensor in the drain pan for high water/ clogged drain line. I had a similar problem and there isn't a fault code for it.

Check your loop temperature. If your supply water is to cold, system will trip on cold water safety. Also check tempersture sensor; but i doubt it is a sensor. There should be sticker on the side of control panel indicating all faulty codes. Also check on line. Dont give up easy. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2