Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Maybe I didn't read it correctly...... Did you have the Heil installed for you by an HVAC company?
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

typical

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Maybe he is mrgreen at being a troll.

Not a very good way to introduce himself to this forum though.
    Geez, Robo, protect your bread and butter but give the kida chance will'ya?

We all had to learn some time.

Originally posted by bittan
    Bard............

How did you install this properly? Do you have the necessary tools? I'm not looking to pick on you, but if you are an educated consumer you must have researched the required steps. Vacuum Pump for one. How did you determine proper temps, pressures, etc etc etc? What did these tell you? I don't know what to think....
    Uh-Oh.. Well, this is how the story goes..

I spent $2400.00 for the Material from the website
    I spent an additional $1500.00 for the Materail that the site didn't sell.
    I then spent 4 weekends installing the wonderful flex duct.
    I then spent 3 weekends installing the outside coil (says that on the box)
    1 trip to the hospital for 2nd degree electrical burns, but I wasn't discouraged.
    I then took the Vo-Tech course for A/C. Which focused on centrifigual and large chillers.
    I then installed the thermostat, the first two were defective.
    After I soldered in the plumbing lines, opened the valves and the system has worked fine.
    See. I don't need you over priced bastards. I can do your job in as little as 2 months, pay more for an oversized (bigger is better) unit and I am now doing my neighbors house this week! Ha! I have a WARRANTY from the company!

Two weeks later....

Hey, my coil is icing up and my A/C doesn't work. I had company X install this unit. How do I do a supercooling or subheat? Please help. I have a 400 year old mother in a house and we live in death valley... I need it fixed but I don't have any money to fix it. Please give me free advice...

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

I did not install the heat pump myself. I had it done professionally. I meant that I chose Heil for build quality and price and have not been disappointed. The only maint. I do myself is change the air filter.

atufnu...

A homeowner can not even post without someone like you slamming them on this website. This site is for homeowners just as much as it is for professionals. Before you send such a long thought out bad response, like the one you just wrote, maybe you should actually read my post because what you said made no sense.

Re: typical

Originally posted by thero
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Maybe he is mrgreen at being a troll.

Not a very good way to introduce himself to this forum though.
    Geez, Robo, protect your bread and butter but give the kida chance will'ya?

We all had to learn some time.

Making your first two posts ones that slam a singular brand of equipment and the president of the U.S. is a very good indication that mrgreen is indeed a troll. Sorry you don't understand that.

I for one am quite bored with the amount of trolls we have had to put up with recently. Thankfully, most of them have been banned. Unfortunately, some of them come back under different names.

If mrgreen wants to be taken seriously, he can start to behave seriously. WHAT! Are you his mother?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Relax Robo

You want me to OVERNIGHT you a ten mg xanax? You'll feel better.

Originally posted by bard
    atufnu...

A homeowner can not even post without someone like you slamming them on this website. This site is for homeowners just as much as it is for professionals. Before you send such a long thought out bad response, like the one you just wrote, maybe you should actually read my post because what you said made no sense.
    You are absoutley correct. The situation that I described is an abstract faux response but is accurate and it got you to reply.

This site is for both. But when a home owner asks a question and we give balanced advice, thinking more for the safety of the h/o, home and equipment and then have the advice we give thrown back in our face.

Where I live, we recently had a home owner purchase thier own boiler. Installed it themselves to save money. He is now dead. He electrocuted himself while hooking up the high voltage wiring. He died from his ignorance and assumption that it couldn't happen to him.

I have customers think that an oil fired furnace has a pilot light. I show up and there is a blow torch next to the boiler and the home owner has a red face and no eyebrows. He used the blow torch to light the burner, it back flashed in his face. He is lucky he didn't catch on fire, or breath in the flame. This is one of many, many stories that all of us here can tell the disregard to the equipment we service and install. He also tried to adjust the 'points', had them jammed, cracked porcelins, and just tried to fix it himself. It cost him more money trying to fix it than if he had just called in the first place.

There are a thousand ways you can hurt or kill yourself with this seemingly benign equipment.

We give advice to help you understand that you need a professional. Yes, you can learn and understand how the systems work, but leave it up to the pro's. We are more than willing to help you look and find the right professional and try to help you not get ripped off. What to look for and how to look for the technician that does his job in accordance with the industry standards.

If home owners want to be the hero, then fine. Impress the wife, save yourself a few bucks, whatever. Just remember, we will still give the same advice we tell every home owner that comes here. Call a professional.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Re: Relax Robo

Originally posted by thero
    You want me to OVERNIGHT you a ten mg xanax? You'll feel better.
    Why do you girls seem to think I am not relaxed? Do you really think I could get upset over things posted on an Internet forum?

Wellllll, you would be very wrong. And, xannnies are no where near good enough for me
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Is this thread entertaining? Is it worth reading the 6 pages for a good laugh?

Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by NormChris

mrgreen;

How do you determine the size of system you are going to install?

How do you determine the duct sizes on your installations?

Are you going to answer my questions?

Um sir.....Sir...excuse me sir. The rules state you can not bump your own post.

Originally posted by mrgreen
    i install according to square footage and insulation of the area
    I can see with this post, this gives me the push I needed to finish reading this thread knowing the entertainment will be to good to pass up.

When I started reading this thread, I wondered why, if most everyone who replied were professional members, it wasn't moved or started in the pro forum out of the publics sight.

Then, after reading a couple of pages and deciding the OP is a troll, I wondered how a brand spanking new member can sign up as a professional member. Has the criteria dropped to an all time low or was it always. The site is slipping fellows..
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast