Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I have never seen a blower amp draw listed on a nameplate of a furnace, but it is on the blower motor itself. Rarely are you going to load a motor to it's FLA as it is designed for max load. We use the amp draw of a motor on high speed as a reference for future diagnostic. If you install the same Equipt. consistently, it can be used to indicate duct restrictions. Static pressure tests are more telling though.

Originally posted by mrgreen
    i dont have issues with installs.i have issues with certain equipment.my issues must be unique to my area.i was looking for outside opinion.most techs in this area are of the same opinoin as far as GOODMAN is concerned.They are viewed as LOW end equipment.
    You are 100% correct. They are viewed as low end equipment. That is because low ball hack installers don't want to dole out the cash for good equipment, then charge the same for high end equipement price and run with the money. Throw the unit in, how ever it will fit and the customer gets a red light warranty. A warranty as good as you see the red lights on the back of the van. Then we have to go back and unscrew their screw ups.
    Goodman or what ever brand you used are junk if they are installed by bad installers. I have seen janitrol and goodman equipment last many many years and a lot of them are still chugging a long just fine. Learn to be a professional installer and whatever you decide to install will be as good as any name plate associated with your work as quality equipment.

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

25 posts in just a few hours? I smell a fat man.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I can't remember...Chemical scents make no sense, if you smell bad....Wash. Is that right?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    25 posts in just a few hours? I smell a fat man.
    I know I layed down for an hour and this thread hit warp speed after my post.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Re: Thanks Norm

Originally posted by silverfox1958
    Norm,

I just purchased your exam guide from Builder Central, and it is great.

Thanks
    You are quite welcome silverfox. There is at least one other forum member who needs to learn that experience is only half of the equation.

"There is no substitute for experience and experience is no substitute for study"

Norm

Originally posted by james mo
    I can't remember...Chemical scents make no sense, if you smell bad....Wash. Is that right?
    You're right; I don't use any scented products

BUT, it's not "me" that I am smelling, smartarse
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Well at least you admitted that I am smart.

i am pleasantly plump,thank you

How fat, like a Ponch?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Nah

Humpty Dumpty

have a great fall

I am a homeowner and just installed a 12 seer Heil packaged heat pump and I am very impressed with the build quality of this unit. I also had a Heil split system at my previous residence and had no problems with the split system either. For the money, I think Heil is a very reliable brand.

Bard............

How did you install this properly? Do you have the necessary tools? I'm not looking to pick on you, but if you are an educated consumer you must have researched the required steps. Vacuum Pump for one. How did you determine proper temps, pressures, etc etc etc? What did these tell you? I don't know what to think....
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast