Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

milwaukee or makita?

I'm in the market for a new cordless set. Done with Dewalt. I have the milwaukee m12 impact and love it. Never used anything by makita, but hear lots of good things. Which do you guys use and why?

nothing wrong with m12. replacing dewalt 18 volt set

Personally Milwaukee for me have both m12 and m18 and love them both. I like all the tools for the m12 system too.
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Makita is the way. These tools just last and last.

my dewalt recip. saw would eat through batteries like candy. Is that the same with any brand? should I just get a corded saw?

I prefer Milwaukee myself, just like them. The M12 has the option of the larger battery... which to me is convenient. I prefer using a 12v for HVAC work, as it is lighter and easier to handle. I have 2 Milwaukee 18v drills (old style) for heavy work, one is pistol grip, one is back grip. The old 18v batteries are getting expensive though.

A recip saw is just rough on batteries... If you really need battery drive, I would get a higher volt saw... like 24 or 30v...

I have the Milwaukee 'hatchet' in 18v... it is good for a few cuts, but eats batteries also.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Cordless tools are for convenience.

If I really need power, I get a cord.

I'm thinking about retiring the cordless DeWalt and digging the old, corded drill out for the occasional hole that needs drilled.

My first cordless was a Makita 9 volt. Best battery made. All my 18volt cordless tools eat batteries. There are shops that will replace the inside batteries for half the price of new.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I prefer Milwaukee myself, just like them. The M12 has the option of the larger battery... which to me is convenient. I prefer using a 12v for HVAC work, as it is lighter and easier to handle. I have 2 Milwaukee 18v drills (old style) for heavy work, one is pistol grip, one is back grip. The old 18v batteries are getting expensive though.

A recip saw is just rough on batteries... If you really need battery drive, I would get a higher volt saw... like 24 or 30v...

I have the Milwaukee 'hatchet' in 18v... it is good for a few cuts, but eats batteries also.
    I have the upgraded battery for my m12 impact, thats what I use 90% of the time. I just need an 18volt drill and saw. m12 hackzall looks cool, good enough for pvc, but I also cut alot of angle iron. (removing old a/c brackets)

I have both Milwaukee m18 and the Makita 18v lithium ion, the Makita charges in half the time, the Milwaukee drill will go out on thermal overload when I’m abusing it.

On buying bare tools to complete the collection, I think Milwaukee is better stocked locally. The Makita 18v impactor is my favorite; I returned the DeWalt 12v combo and replaced it with the Makita 18v combo.

I switched from dewalt to milwaukee about 5 years ago when the V-18 came out, and I haven't looked back The M18 batteries are better than the V-18 And the V18 kicks dewalts ass! I want to get the M-18 but cant justify it cuz there is nothing wrong with my V-18 stuff

I have the V18 sawzall, hammerdrill, impact, Radio and light
    and I also love the M12 stuff I have the m12 impact, radio, and multitool. By the way that multitool is a very nice tool to have with many different uses
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    I'm in the market for a new cordless set. Done with Dewalt. I have the milwaukee m12 impact and love it. Never used anything by makita, but hear lots of good things. Which do you guys use and why?
    Ever drop your MW off of a 12' ladder on concrete slab? I dropped my Makita impact that same way over a year ago. Still runs like new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast