Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal Question

Legal Question

Is it legal to work out of your own garage as a HVAC tech? Like in a residential area? I'm in the state of Illinois if it makes a differance.

go to your township/tax office and ask if there is a ordnance against having a commerical bussiness in a residence area.
    GOOD WORK IS NOT CHEAP! AND CHEAP WORK IS NOT GOOD!

IF YOU THINK A GOOD HVAC COMPANY IS EXPENSIVE. THEN YOU SHOULD TRY A BAD ONE.

I think this guy next door is doing stuff on the side and I have seen people trailer in big fridges and stuff. At this point Im ready to call in the IEPA or EPA.

I know guys like this working on all kinds of stuff.
    The village comes out and asks are you running a business out of you home?
    The answer that makes them go away is NO I AM NOT !!
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport1985 View Post
    I think this guy next door is doing stuff on the side and I have seen people trailer in big fridges and stuff. At this point Im ready to call in the IEPA or EPA.
    Let us know how that call to the EPA goes.
    They really don't enforce zoning laws that I'm aware of. But, if it makes you feel good, go for it.

the Epa only cares if he is venting freon. What is wrong with a guy trying to make a living. Is there something wrong with a guy working on his car in his garage.

OK. So what's the IEPA?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    OK. So what's the IEPA?
    Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
    Had to Google that.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post
    the Epa only cares if he is venting freon. What is wrong with a guy trying to make a living. Is there something wrong with a guy working on his car in his garage.
    This dude is acting like a xxxxxx keeps turning us in at city hall because we have too many cars in the household 1 suv 1 car 2 truck and 2 motorcycles. There are 4 of us at the household. So I'm gonna turn him in for running a biz out of his garage in a residential area, we arent in the boondocks for him to be doing this. If he wasnt a complete xxxxxx I wouldnt care if he is making a buck but now its to the point he is being a xxxxx! ! !

You could just get a taller fence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtNW88sgO04
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You could just get a taller fence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtNW88sgO04
    That wont work, the properties are almost set up in a terrace fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport1985 View Post
    This dude is acting like a xxxxxx keeps turning us in at city hall because we have too many cars in the household 1 suv 1 car 2 truck and 2 motorcycles. There are 4 of us at the household. So I'm gonna turn him in for running a biz out of his garage in a residential area, we arent in the boondocks for him to be doing this. If he wasnt a complete d xxxxx I wouldnt care if he is making a buck but now its to the point he is being a xxxx ! ! !
    6. No Swearing

This is a public site, not a locker room, swearing or near swearing will cause your post to be deleted.

Please read the rules. I chose not to delete your post this time. Next time it will be.

Illinois has no prohibition against running a business out of your house/garage. Local ordinances may limit the types of businesses that can be run out of a home.

However, I think you are going about this completely wrong. rather than turning him in, tell him you won't complain about his business if he doesn't complain about your vehicles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast