Post Likes

Johnson balancing software

Well, my new employer handed me one of these....

I need to find the Windows based VAV software for these... I have the Palm software and the adapter for it, but I would prefer the Windows software.

I was handed a bag w/ the adapter, and then the USB to Serial adapter... but there was no software in the package except for the USB to Serial adapter software.
    NeonHomer
    Schneider Electric I/A Series, Schneider Electric SmartStruxure/SmartStruxure Lite (Certified), Niagara R2/AX technician (Certification in AX only), and possible Andover trainee.

Do it right the first time, and you will not have to do it again.

When all else fails... Get a bigger hammer!!

Post Likes
    which vav controllers are you looking at?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    1400's I think.... I am not entirely sure....
    NeonHomer
    Schneider Electric I/A Series, Schneider Electric SmartStruxure/SmartStruxure Lite (Certified), Niagara R2/AX technician (Certification in AX only), and possible Andover trainee.

Post Likes
    Now I have to figure out what the heck is hogging up my Com1 or Com2 port. Sometimes I hate Windows XP....
    NeonHomer

Post Likes
    Okay. I figured out what was hogging my Com1 port. I have the USB - serial adapter hooked up to the CVTPRO300 box. I fire up HVACPRO, and try to pull up anything to see if the adapter is talking to the computer. (For example, Action > Controller Information > Single Controller).

I select Port 1, and Bust time Zone bus, and hit OK.

I get the communication handler box that pops up, and then a box that says:

jcserial - Unable to start the service, Error code is 1308

If I plug it into power, then I get a error 1098, but do get the yellow and green comm lights.

I am not hooked to a controller at this time.
    NeonHomer

Post Likes
    1. Assign the Edgeport/1 to either COM1 or COM2 if you DO NOT have a 9pin serial port on the machine. If you have a 9pin then it is likely already COM1.

2. Connecting the AS-CVTPRO300 to a 9pin port on the machine requires a straight through 9Fx9F cable. No 9pin disregard this.

3. Using the Edgeport/1, Open HAVCPro, then when you initialize, it requires 2 selections, first is which COM port the Edgeport/1 is assigned to (only works with COM1 or COM2, period) and second which bus type you are connecting to, either "Zone Bus" or "N2 Bus".

4. If you are plugging into a wall sensor (aka Tstat) it can only be Zone Bus. The external power supply is NOT needed as the CVTPRO is powered from the stat/device. As soon as you connect the red LED should be on and the green LED may/should blink about every 2 seconds.

5. Use action/controller information aand see if thing connect. If so you are good to Go ! If not, call the Control Guy/Gal and get help !!!!!!!

6. Strongly recommend you do NOT try to connect to the N2 bus with out special instructions from the Control Guy/Gal on the job. That means leave the power supply in the Zipper Bag !

Now go enjoy your new toy ! LOL
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    I was able to get out on a job and hook up. I can communicate with a controller, but I still get the 1068 error.

From what I have been reading, I guess I need the 8.08b update.

http://publish.cg.na.jci.com:9085/pu...k_Patches.html

I don't have access to that page....

Can anyone help me out with this problem?
    NeonHomer

Post Likes
    You've Got Mail !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!