Johnson balancing software

Well, my new employer handed me one of these....

I need to find the Windows based VAV software for these... I have the Palm software and the adapter for it, but I would prefer the Windows software.

I was handed a bag w/ the adapter, and then the USB to Serial adapter... but there was no software in the package except for the USB to Serial adapter software.
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

which vav controllers are you looking at?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

1400's I think.... I am not entirely sure....
    NeonHomer

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

Now I have to figure out what the heck is hogging up my Com1 or Com2 port. Sometimes I hate Windows XP....
    NeonHomer

Okay. I figured out what was hogging my Com1 port. I have the USB - serial adapter hooked up to the CVTPRO300 box. I fire up HVACPRO, and try to pull up anything to see if the adapter is talking to the computer. (For example, Action > Controller Information > Single Controller).

I select Port 1, and Bust time Zone bus, and hit OK.

I get the communication handler box that pops up, and then a box that says:

jcserial - Unable to start the service, Error code is 1308

If I plug it into power, then I get a error 1098, but do get the yellow and green comm lights.

I am not hooked to a controller at this time.
    NeonHomer

1. Assign the Edgeport/1 to either COM1 or COM2 if you DO NOT have a 9pin serial port on the machine. If you have a 9pin then it is likely already COM1.

2. Connecting the AS-CVTPRO300 to a 9pin port on the machine requires a straight through 9Fx9F cable. No 9pin disregard this.

3. Using the Edgeport/1, Open HAVCPro, then when you initialize, it requires 2 selections, first is which COM port the Edgeport/1 is assigned to (only works with COM1 or COM2, period) and second which bus type you are connecting to, either "Zone Bus" or "N2 Bus".

4. If you are plugging into a wall sensor (aka Tstat) it can only be Zone Bus. The external power supply is NOT needed as the CVTPRO is powered from the stat/device. As soon as you connect the red LED should be on and the green LED may/should blink about every 2 seconds.

5. Use action/controller information aand see if thing connect. If so you are good to Go ! If not, call the Control Guy/Gal and get help !!!!!!!

6. Strongly recommend you do NOT try to connect to the N2 bus with out special instructions from the Control Guy/Gal on the job. That means leave the power supply in the Zipper Bag !

Now go enjoy your new toy ! LOL
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

I was able to get out on a job and hook up. I can communicate with a controller, but I still get the 1068 error.

From what I have been reading, I guess I need the 8.08b update.

http://publish.cg.na.jci.com:9085/pu...k_Patches.html

I don't have access to that page....

Can anyone help me out with this problem?
    NeonHomer

You've Got Mail !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!