Thread: unknown frige

Hmm

ok guys got one for you.
    i looked at a domestic frige today.
    from what i can tell it has had a new timeclock installed in the last couple of years. other that that it has not had anything done to it in its approx. 10 yr life span.
    the nameplate said
    Holland distributors
    cleveland tn
    m# BS24X90B
    s# 12028121HW
    the problem is that the drain for the evap is freezing up and then water overflows and runs on the floor. there is no drain heater nor does it look like there ever was. the back of the freezer has an alluminum panel that comes down and then becomes the drain pan. my thought was the heaters will heat this panel when in defrost hence heating the drain line. the timer did not say how long the defrost was although it did say 10 hr. (wish i had the m# of clock now) i am wondering if the clock does not have a long enough defrost which would not let the drain get warm enough letting it eventually freeze over. anyway the homeowner had it thawed out a yr ago by another contractor and i would love to repair but have been unable to locate manufacturer or anyone that knows anything about this make.
    any help would be appreciated!

Plugged drain line is a common occurance on domestic refrigerators
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Hmm

but once a yr?

I don't think a drain will freeze up if there is no water standing in it. I would try to blow it out.
    Can you hang a piece of solid coper wire from the heater down and inch or two into the drain? Might help.

Use a piece of aluminum wire physically attached to the evaporator defrosting element and extend it into the drain if possible.Also make sure the end users understand the controls and aren't opening the door every 5 minutes and putting huge product dumps of warm products.Hope this helps.

Smile

thanks for the help guys

Cool

hey just an update for the guys that helped. this fridge is an admiral. apparently this company bought the rights from admiral to build it. so i found my parts and got my questions answered. hopefully this helps someone else.