Replacing filter drier?

I'm working on a Carrier 50TFQ006 heat pump package unit. Found unit out of r-22. Found major leak on the suction line. Repaired and pressurized with nitrogen till monday. This unit has two factory installed filter driers (the small copper cylinder type) in their respective liquid line each with a check valve brazed in next to it. These lines run vertically and are all compact with the condenser and evaporator headers. I may be able to replace one with a c-163s with some repiping but there isn't even room to replace the other with a c-083s. Does anyone have any recommendations?

So your having trouble installing a dryer.....

This site is no DIY
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

maybe it could be installed in a differant location? up or downstream from the current location?

it really needs to be replaced (im sure you know that since you asked) think outside of the box...... maybe literally

jeep

Both can be fit in there, but not in their existing location. You'll have to pipe them away from where their at. Also, replace the check valves while you're at it.

Also, fill in you profile information and get your post count up and apply for pro status. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

No ho diy. Professionally paid diy. Just newer to this site and have been doing commercial hvac service for two years now. I'll have to get a better look at it monday. A 163 does up to a 5 ton so in replacing both do I replace both with a 163? or 083? with this being a heat pump. Thanks for the replies.

Can't ya just stager the two dryers pipe them a little different?
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    Can't ya just stager the two dryers pipe them a little different?
    It's definately gonna have to be piped differently, the two lines aren't side by side. More like liquid line, condenser header, liquid line (backed into a corner), evaperator header, accumalator. LL's running vertically. All this is compact, definately some heat exchange going on in there. LOL. Like I said get a better look Monday.
    Amazing Grace, it is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ewwilt View Post
    No ho diy. Professionally paid diy. Just newer to this site and have been doing commercial hvac service for two years now. I'll have to get a better look at it monday. A 163 does up to a 5 ton so in replacing both do I replace both with a 163? or 083? with this being a heat pump. Thanks for the replies.
    You'll want to go with the 163 driers. You need 5 ton capacity in either direction.

Lennox has filter driers with built in check valves. They take up less space.

Here is the 083 model. I'm pretty sure there is a 163 model

http://www.plccenter.com/Buy/LENNOX/78A8801

Call Lennox and see if they can help you out.

Lennox does say this can handle up to a 5 ton unit, but I'd be concerned putting the 083 in a 5 ton unit though.
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

I got the filter driers changed out the other day. 163 on the cooling circuit and 053 (163 was not even fitting in there) on the heating circuit. Yeah 053 not quite ideal but better than what was there. Thought reasoning was this is going to be running in cooling mode for quite a while and will help get the system cleaned - dehydrated as needed before it runs heating. Evac to 365 microns. Cooling and heating good now.
    Thank you guys for all the input. (root beer)
    Amazing Grace, it is amazing!