OK I'm confused AGAIN...what is a water-to-air heat pump. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by shophound
    [I'm glad that was the first and last comp change-out I ever did on a WSHP. IMO if the mech engineer's gonna go through all the trouble to spec a cooling tower and all the piping necessary for the water source loop, why not ditch the WSHP's and go with a chiller and boiler? [/B]
    In a Class "A" multi tenant building the building AC syatem will normally run 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM monday through Friday. If the tenant has a server room that they want conditioned 24/7 they have to put in a WSHP.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

The oldest wshp I worked on was a 1972 vintage ennercon still working no access ports

I also worked on some ather brands in the early 70s had a open panel that drew the air in over the comp then through the coil - bad move the comp noise always goes out the opening
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Re: other advantages

Originally posted by cg2
    With just a 2 pipe system, one person can heat while another cools, no changeover. A building we've serviced for 25 years have them installed in closet-like enclosures and maintenance guys can change them out on nights and weekends while we service them during regular hours on a bench. And yes, they are a steady source of profit. Only problem,the original Singer units were fairly reliable, some 25 year old units still running, but recent replacements have not been so reliable.
    yeah that is how we do it. The hardest part is getting the high-jack in and out of the office suite.

That is the whole idea of this type of system. Heat never leaves the building except on the hottest days. In the winter you just have to add a little heat to the loop to keep up on the coldest days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12