Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sounds like a plan.

Only problem is, how long does "country" stay country in an area growing like that?

If you are at 12 o clock, then I am at 6;30 or so. Newnan and I can see the air in Atlanta
    Yes I am A Pirate, 200 years too late.

jb

that is all the hot air from the atlanta city, fulton county and dekalb county government.

i've been to newnan many times... have to run to the Hoshizaki plant in Peachtree City all the time too.

i'm leaving, on a midnight train to georgia.

I work in PTC about 1.5 miles from Hoshizaki. You have to pass be here every time you go.

I can't dispute anything anyone has said about Atlanta.

The air can be pretty bad downtown. I worked downtown for 10 years.

The traffic is horrendous!

The people are great!

Nightlife is great!

Crime in some areas is so bad, maybe the worst in the U.S.

But the suburbs are pretty quiet, 30+ miles out. Newnan, Alpharetta, Covington, Carrolton great!

Music scene is the BEST! Rock, Country, Bluegrass, Jazz, Classical, Reggae, you name it! Theater (not like NYC) Museums, you know, culture stuff.

Plenty of work for HVAC/R types. Mountains close, beach not too far away.

The North Georgia Mountains are like Heaven, Great State Parks, good fishing/hunting.

Atlanta definitely isn't the best place to live/work but it's pretty darned tolerable! (In the South that is high praise.)

Unless you had to be Downtown every day 40 hours+ per week, stay 30 miles out, maybe further.

Good Luck!

I'm a bit late

I'm in Woodstock, GA.

While Atlanta (it's a suburb of Woodstock) is nice, Georgia is where it's at. In the same state, you can be in the mountains (Blue Ridge, GA) and in the ocean(Tybee Island to Brunswick). We have really crooked city mayors, weird people, and brown water.

The summers are deadly hot and humid and the winters are a joke.

In my opinion, there ain't a finer place...

Cool

Late here too.
    I was just down Atlanta way a few weeks ago and like others have said, the people are real nice, almost to the point of their tea. :-)

It's the roads that I had a difficult time with. Not the condition of the roads (also very nice btw), it's the layout and the way people drive. You have to know what road you are coming up on to have any chance of making your turn. The signs are right out in the middle for everyone to see but doing 60 you have to slow up considerably to read them before you're through the intersection or make a U-turn every time.

I'm what you might call an agressive driver, (I live and work around NYC) but not as agressive as the people that run that 8 lane behemoth of a bypass called I285 (I think). Imagine 8 lanes on one side of the road and no one can stay in one for more than a minute at a time. It looked to me like it was every person for themselves out there, not much curtisy, at least on that road. Once you learn the driving pattern I'm sure that you'll do fine, as I said the people are real nice. I could almost see myself down there someday....Probably not though. I like NY too much.

...Ron

It's my understanding that Atlanta roads were very logically laid out, and street signs very easy to read before the Union Army arrived. Sherman burned it all down and it's been chaos ever sense.

It's true, the roads do not run in straight lines and they change names for no reason and without warning. I grew up there and I still get lost.

I would like to correct a false impression I may have created with a previous post. There are many extremely nice neighborhoods in Atlanta and the adjacent suburbs (like Decatur). These areas have the typical big city problems like traffic, noise, air pollution and crime. Real estate is getting very expensive, but it is a great place to live and work.

I went to the Mitsubishi school

in Atlanta. [huh?]

[Edited by lusker on 08-21-2005 at 10:26 PM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Just watch out for Peachtree street, rd, ave. They sure love to name the roads that!

I read somewhere that roads in Atlanta were laid out by 2 drunk men chasing a goat with a rope tied to its tail.

Just try to get from Lower Roswell road and Johnson Ferry to Morgan Falls Park. Straight shot, about a mile. With the road lay-out, more like 6 actual....

Originally posted by heatair
    I read somewhere that roads in Atlanta were laid out by 2 drunk men chasing a goat with a rope tied to its tail.

Just try to get from Lower Roswell road and Johnson Ferry to Morgan Falls Park. Straight shot, about a mile. With the road lay-out, more like 6 actual....
    and then turn north on Roswell rd and another left to take a trip down Spaulding, across 400 and driving by some of the nicest homes you have seen in like for eveer then east towards Holcom Bridge that turns into Jimmy Carter Blvd and Mountain Industrial Blvd without letting you know but if you took a left on Holcomb Bridge it would change into Hwy 92 or Old Alabama Rd that will take you just north of the area of where you just came from but that was 4 hours ago.

Just typical.

But of course you know they just changed the lower roswell and Paper Mill area road connections too..

The shortest distance between point A and Point B in Atlanta is underconstruction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123