Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anyone working in the Atlanta area? I was wondering what contractors service the supermarkets? Whats good about living in Georgia? Whats not so good? (other than the humidity) Any other comments appreciated. Moving from Wisconsin to Georgia, just thought I'd ask what to expect.

My son lived there for 5 years. I visited him a few times. I called it "Gawd-awful Georgia!" I guess out around the coast where James lives is pretty nice. I liked Savannah since I am a history buff. The folks in Savannah took great care to protect there city's heritage.

If you looked up "Big City" in the dictionary, Atlanta's picture would be there.

I can't imagine that the pay for a technician would be any were near that of a company in the North. I only say that because of the quaility of the workmanship that I observed in Georgia.

Being from Atlanta, and being an electrician, but having worked in the supermarket business, most are in-house guys working for the company.
    Yes I am A Pirate, 200 years too late.

WHATS NOT GOOD ABOUT LIVING IN GEORGIA?

It seems you already have opions of what to expect....

GEORGIA IS GODS' COUNTRY...

I 75 runs north and south...thank goodness...

If you know your stuff in the commercial refrigeration market you will do well...

Please don't ***** about our sweet tea...

Yall come on down,

Stephen
    "Value our Differences"

i have been to atlanta for training programs. town seems cool although i'm told lots of relocated folks down there due to all the corporate headquarters. seems to me like the inner city is kinda dead at night as compared to some other big cities.

Originally posted by benncool
    My son lived there for 5 years. I visited him a few times. I called it "Gawd-awful Georgia!" I guess out around the coast where James lives is pretty nice. I liked Savannah since I am a history buff. The folks in Savannah took great care to protect there city's heritage.

If you looked up "Big City" in the dictionary, Atlanta's picture would be there.

I can't imagine that the pay for a technician would be any were near that of a company in the North. I only say that because of the quaility of the workmanship that I observed in Georgia.
    Yes ..we know all the wall of shame pics come from Georgia and everything is so Gawd -awful because we are ass deep in Yankee's

[Edited by James 3528 on 08-17-2005 at 09:45 PM]

I like the ATL

Originally posted by flange
    i have been to atlanta for training programs. town seems cool although i'm told lots of relocated folks down there due to all the corporate headquarters. seems to me like the inner city is kinda dead at night as compared to some other big cities.
    You go downtown at night and make a wrong turn... dead is an understatement... lots of blue coats live inside the city limits... they moved down here and can't leave the southern cooking.

I have been here and within 100 miles for 50 years.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/

Best darn city around... we have it all and James too... what more do you need???

Originally posted by lusker
    Originally posted by flange
    You go downtown at night and make a wrong turn... dead is an understatement... lots of blue coats live inside the city limits... they moved down here and can't leave the southern cooking.

I have been here and within 100 miles for 50 years.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/

Best darn city around... we have it all and James too... what more do you need???

I wouldn't overstate it that much. One weekend now and then is great but the BMW pointed down to the coast is the best part. I was there in January and a cab driver said 10,000 a month were moving in. Beats the hell out of the rust belt.

He forgot to tell you about the 40000 a month moving out because they can't find a job or are being forced to move to keep their crapy corporate jobs.

I despised every minute of Atlanta.

The effing air is brown.

Guy, you live in Penn. The air, water and Dice's fruit of the looms are brown

Originally posted by stephy

....GEORGIA IS GODS' COUNTRY...

Stephen
    I thought the desert was gods country .?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast