+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touch cell phones. Any one have a Hammer?

Post Likes

Touch cell phones. Any one have a Hammer?

http://www.celocompany.com/index.htm?

How touch are your phones. I've had some fall off my belt clip and break apart, others the screen cracked when I squeezed myself between a rock and a hard place.
    Do other companies make phones like this?
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    Never seen them before. They look pretty tough. I wonder what services they support and what os they run.

I have the new Casio Commando. All I can so far is this is the best phone I have had in long time.
    http://www.casiogzone.com/commando/

Post Likes
    I have the Droid X. I use no case with it for about a year and have had zero issues with it. Isend pic to the office, send and receive company email and look up equipment specs on the internet.
    O & M HVAC/R Tech

Post Likes
    Cool the Hammer has a
    Built-in Batometer and Altimeter and Thermometer
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Just get an otterbox and your good
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Post Likes
    I wouldn't carry that thing. looks like its a brick .. no offense. I've been using smart phones for years & I've broke a few here & there on the job but I carry insurance which gets its use .. that otterbox is serious protection & def worth it .. the phone I'm currently using, galaxy s 4g is paper thin & I'm butt naked with no screen protector or protective case because its huge bold screen is awesome & it fits perfect in my pocket . although I've been debating otterbox or similar .... the biggest blunder with damaging phones was at a chinese food restaurant while waiting for a box to reach temp my phone managed to literally fly out of my hand right into a bowl of some dumpling looking things lol

Post Likes
    Upgraded in December to a touch screen and went back to a go-phone with the sim card from the regular phone in it. The go-phones are only about 20 bucks, and if they break they are easily replaced. Also, buying a whole new phone is cheaper than a new battery. If all you do is talk on the phone, it's a great way to go. I like the brick (candy bar) shape better than the flips and sliders, but you can find them too.

If you need all the fancy calendar, camera, internet, etc. then the i-phones are good too. That's what my better half uses, with an otter box around it.

Everything in the middle of those two extremes that we have had has proven to be unacceptable. That's my 2 cents.

Keith

Post Likes
    Chech out the Motorola Defy. It is made for those conditions.

Post Likes
    Just don't get a Motorola Quantico. The worst piece of crap phone I have ever bought. $120 for a phone that couldn't even get calls through and text correctly. Not to mention that the battery's life decreased and I only had it for 3 weeks. Motorola couldn't get it right on even such a simple phone like it. Moto doesnt get any of my mo mo anymore!
    Currently have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with an Otterbox Defender but I really want an Iphone 4GS or 5 this summer, depending on what they bring out.
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingersoll AC View Post
    Just get an otterbox and your good
    That's what I use, only problem is moving apps on the iPhone to another page can be a challenge.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in