Watch the story:

(KIRKSVILLE) A Kirksville teenager who shot and killed his father in October 2002 is now a free man.

Nineteen-year-old David Yates was released Monday from the custody of the Missouri Division of Youth Services following his successful completion of a counseling and treatment program.

When he was 16, Yates fatally shot his father, 52-year-old Dr. Herbert Yates Junior, in the family's backyard in Kirksville in the fall of 2002.

The teen was reportedly upset because his dad had grounded him and told him to clean his room.

The younger Yates was originally charged with second-degree murder. In early 2003, he pleaded guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Now that Yates has finished his treatment program, he's reportedly moving to Oklahoma, where his mother now lives, to complete a term of adult probation. He will also undergo further mental health counseling.

The judge in the case ruled that the crime will not go on Yates' permanent record.

Did you catch that last sentence. Its not important that he killed his dad because he is cured so who needs to know.

I give 'im 3 years...he'll be back in front of a grand jury. maybe he'll kill the loved one of his forgiving judge.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

So a son can shoot his dad , but a dad can't spank his son??

F'n great

Originally posted by NedFlanders
    (EFFECT...)So a son can shoot his dad , but (CAUSE...)a dad can't spank his son??

F'n great
    ================================================== ==========

Right-e-o.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

That is exactly what I was thinking..
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.